Grinding from rear wheel 55 Blob WRX

Pinson-89

I popped around a family members earlier to show them the scoob (they liked it btw) anyhow when I decided to go home I stuck it in reverse and set off the driveway before I applied the brakes to put it back into 1st I thought I heard grinding, had a quick look around everything seemed fine so continued with the short drive home about 1 mile later the grinding came back, it was coming from read drivers side wheel, I haven't managed to take a look since but the grinding wasn't a constant thing and seemed more so when no throttle applied any ideas where I should look 1st? I'm thinking check for stones inbetween the brake shield and disc but I would also asume I'd hear the grinding all the time

I've never had a bearing sound like that but I suppose it could have had dirt/sand get inside and make that sort of noise I'll have a play about with it 2moz :) what are your brakes like? Iv found mine overheat fairly quick with hard driving, I'm just thinking wether or not it's like previous cars of mine where they haven't been the top spec sport model and end up with majour fade compared to the bigger version?

Only brake noise I've had (excluding a light squeel) was when the pads wearing out so it was metal on metal!!! That was a horrendous grind.

I've not had that problem but I've heard others complain. My mate changed his Skyline brakes for race spec and he said biggest mistake he's made, took forever to warm up when driving on the street and were pretty ineffective until they had warmed!

The brakes have lovely bite for a few corners then began to fade, it may just be a cheap set of discs and pads as the receipt from the previous owner doesn't show make or cost of the parts just labour and caliper recon, I might slide a pad out and see what make

He seemed to genuinely care for the car, but when people sell things they tend to pretend that it's been cared for, so far at the min the car seems fine other than the overheating brakes and the grind :( any recommendations on new pads? Ebc?

I've got pagid I think...but I don't drive my car track day hard on the road so don't think I can recommend. While you have it up you might want to check they are working properly. Although mine had a mot and service the week before I bought it they weren't fully operational. One of the pots was jammed on both fronts

I will do, it's got a recipt for having the calipers reconditioned but doesn't hurt to have a look myself :) it's been a while since I've cared for a car, I don't always drive track day hard i was just putting it through it's paces as yesterday was the 1st day owned by me, I'll have to research people's opinions on pads and discs as the rear look fairly worn fronts look brand spanking tho

Well you might be ok once you settle down a bit lol [emoji16]

I was into 25-40 year old classics...then I bought new. This is the first second hand car I've owned for 20 years! Must say I'm loving the tinkering. Can't stop fiddling around with it [emoji3]

So wheel bearings. Fine, but the heat shied around the brake disc was rusty and hanging off pretty much, so took the disc off and full of chewed up rusty bits, think I've found my grinding noise :) iv not worked on drum brakes before what fiddly things they are, I would upload pics of it but as said before I can't seem to be able to on here

• Like 1