aaronfoster89

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

Best way is sign up to photobucket.com upload the pictures there and use the direct link. Copy that and paste it here with the tree symbol above the reply box paste it there and forum does the rest :) 

but if on mobile get tapatalk from the app store search for Subaru OC. ;)

wotcha and welcome - that is a clean looking bay there.

to get the picture to show in your post use the photobucket link labelled 'IMG' - makes it easier for us lazy buggers :D

It was only a guess at the version of classic scoob from the pic of the bay .

Classic scoob engines basically come in 3 types .

V1/v2 93 to early 96

V3/v4 late 96 to 98

V5/v6 99 to early 2001

So when looking for spares most people use the version number to know what fits , as the manufacture years overlap [emoji6]

Start a thread in subaru engine's tech section describing your symptoms and we'll try to help with that too[emoji6]

• 2 months later...

Ah right. The insurance company called it a hatch. Lol. I thought it was a wagon to start with. What's the difference between import and non import then? I didn't even know it was an import. Haha I've been lurking in the shadows and reading/researching things I can do to her. Any input would be welcome btw

If it's made it cheaper thats all that should matter :D 

Imports not a bad thing at all arguably better than UK cars  :) I'd just make sure it's been or had underseal done at some point. And nothing wrong with lurking in the shadows I do it many nights :D Looks like it's had some a fair bit done already do you know if it's mapped and what BHP it is should have been mapped with a FMIC (Front mount Intercooler) 

So how do I find out if it is an import? Also as far as I'm aware I have a print out of 269 bhp but unsure as to weather the fmic/exhaust were fitted before or after the remap or even if it had a remap. Does that sound like a believable figure for the mods+remap?

Vin plate is your best place to check to see if it's UK or a JDM 

I think with the BHP it's a believable figure hard to tell really if it's right for the mods as you don't know if it's had any other's added to it or not but looks like it's had some money spent on it. Only real way to tell is have her put on a Dino :D 

Yeah cheers starts never would have thought of doing that! I really really need a dyno sesh. Haha not sure where around Portsmouth/Hampshire area that has a 4wd rolling road. Would quite like to get a bit more power out of her too. Been seeing a lot of info on td04 and td05 hybrids and stuff so gonna keep researching and maybe go for it. Haha

Well subaru for you do all kninds of services from srrvicing to remaps & engine builds, i'm gonna guess it's a uk car as it would be pushing out 280 stock if it was a jdm and the rear bumped looks like uk spec, at the end of the daysomeones spent a fair bit on her and you look like you've bagged a bargain. Do you know what turbo you have on there?

As far as I'm aware it's a td04 because the guy I got it from was talking about upgrading to a td05 before he decided to sell to me. It does feel a little down on power since I replaced the shagged atmospheric dump valve back to a recirc valve but always thought the turbos didn't like it? Got so many questions. Haha sorry to bombard you all!