Subaru XV STI

Gambit

• 2 weeks later...

Subaru means Severn sisters and is in relation to the Pleiades constellation, and it is pronounced the way he is. Though he is a nob.

As for the car, I doubt my wife would let me have one, though I can see me seriously considering it in the future, I'm getting to the age where I could use my mid-life crisis card [emoji39]

Shame they didn't put an STi engine in it, that's what's really needed, a bit of boost [emoji41]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

All those lovely lady-boys!

The car is seriously handsome!...................Subaru is phasing the diesels out, no more to be imported into Europe.

Apparently ALL diesel engined cars are to be phased out under new European legislation. I got that from one of the salesmen at the dealers when I took my OB in for its brake-pipe recall. There will also be no more of the big 3 liter and 3.6 litre engines. The 2015 Outbacks will be knocking on the door of 40 grand.

Auto express reckon £32k for the 2015 which is about the same as now, with a 2.0l variant and a 2.5 NA petrol which they didn't like. on Reuters pages they have an official announcement that its going to 24,500 dollars so might actually be a bit cheaper, will have same diesel as the XV

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I discussed this with my local dealer two days ago when I was picking up my XV. As far as he is aware Subaru ave no intentions of releasing this car in the UK in the near future. So this I assume is just at the concept stage i guess.  

The XV STi is on release in Malaysia and the phillipines, you could possibly get hold of the STI kit at some point in the future? Will have to keep an eye out, might just be you'll have to buy the styling kit as an extra at some point, let's hope so

• Like 1

The STi XV is mostly cosmetic, some aero tweaks, stiffens suspension, no engine changes which is a shame because you'd still get whooped by the standard diesel version, somewhat embarrassing when you've got the STi logo. Looks nice though

• Like 1