New Underpants needed, stolen from Gambits FB feed.

Scooby Pete

a real demonstration of handling capability as well that red spec C pulled up in real short order with the blue being allowed to steer into its path and avoid the rat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys thanks for the comments, I think it all happened so quick that we never had time to require a change of underpants, as you see in the videos it was more a case of f==k me that was close. I have seen comments on youtube about me passing on the right as this is a no no on the ring. It was not a pass it was a where else could I go,Andy in the black car was coming fast behind me so I knew he would be going left to try and pass, but if the BMW had just lifted then moved to the right us 3 could have gone past then started to slow for the marshal , But we got away with it and were back on track later that day after fitting a new rear hub to the black car and some tyres that did not have big flat spots 

Thanks Philip Allanby driver of the blue spec c

• Like 2

Wotcha and welcome to the forum - it is very easy to pass comment about which side to pass on sat in a comfy chair, whilst rules are there to ensure common practice on tracks the track days I have attended always put the safety first so if passing on the right going down the straight at Brands Hatch meant avoiding the grass on the outside of the chap who had run out to near the edge then that was fine.

Just glad you all came through it ;)

Hi Phillip thanks for taking the time to sign up and reply appreciated. Ive watched all of the videos a few time now and can't see how else you could have avoided going to the right personally. As you said going thr other side I'd agree I think it would have been worse and I wouldnt call it passing on the right evasive manoeuvre. Mind you I find you tube comments full of troll most of the time so shouldn't worry to much much about what people say on there. We have a few on here that go to the ring and a few going for the 1st time. Fingers crossed they get a better time of it [emoji6] glad to hear you managed to get another lap too.

What was needed is more marshalls/yellow flags further down the road warning people before the blind left, one bloke on the side of the track 50m before the hazard is just a joke, it's a wonder more people wren't involved in the accident, top marks for avoidance

I'm not trying to help or take sides but I think the main crash had all been cleaned up was the aftermath so might have been a bit over kill having more marshals waving yellows. Other car should have put hazards on for me and not braked so hard.