mapping

bigben143

Evening all

I have a 52 bug eye wrx running a td04 ...my question is how reliable will it be after a map? I here so many scary stories about the bottom end and melting pistons. Is it a question of when and not if it fails?

And yes I know a lot of it has to do with the owner and the person doing the mapping

lol, I like that SHOULD be fine. that's all I have been hearing....So in a nut Shell max the td04 be here, if you go any more start looking at engine rebuild, which I hope I never have todo due to already into a £6k build with my audi s4 2.7 bi-turbo

as Matt says

also bear in mind irrespective how much you spend on building an engine a bad map will trash it - running lean or too high boost will run high risk of detonation.

You can have a remap and not push the limits of a standard engine and still run safely within its design parameters

If the engine is good for 350 bhp, surely a td04 isn't going to put the engine under strain if anything the turbo will let go before the engine due to the turbo over speeding. If mapped correctly and ran it on the slightly rich side we should be ok rite??...what psi does a mapped td04 and td05 run?

more boost doesn't always equal more power either

Regards to the build n map, I stated in my first post I know it's down to the owner and mapper m8....I have a good understanding about the tuning world just like to know how the japes roll :)

Andy forest owns one of the fastest scoobs in the uk .

He Also owns a tuning company which sells most things as well as hybrid turbos (which spool quicker than stock turbos) and he's a respected mapper

Stock Tdo5's will spool a bit later (400 rpm ish) than a tdo4

Unless you fit surporting mods with the tdo5 like matched upipe , tubular headers ect ...

Google "Andy forest" and have a squint at his site bud

ive had a quick look, pretty cool stuff shame he doesn't go into great detail regarding the hybrid specs, as there is a lot of products on the market ie custom billet wheels made to your own spec and so on. I need to keep a level head with this car other wise its going to end up being a big build lol and this wasn't intended for that,  td04 hybrid stage 1 with decat and remap may be the most I will ever go with this car. few other questions while I have peoples attention lol.

what is the injector CC ie what do they max out at  and what is the fuel pump good for,  is there any suttle things I can change to improve the safety of the engine?

i was told by kamikaze-racing  that my ecu is not locked and doesn't require license so happy days for me as its cheaper

Sorry for all the questions but i am nearly there now with the hole understanding of the Scooby tuning,

So my Scooby will be running yellow injectors as mine is a 52plate and where can i get a new 2 port boost controller from ?