Test fitting Legacy MESH Grille

tom_gr7

Stat at the top and work down the list if its like mine [emoji30]

well, I've got a list... but i'm not doing it in any particular order... haha

Much beter, what olour are you going for ? I like the contast as it is now

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

It will be the same colour of the car. 39D Is the colour code... I think.

I didn't even realise it needed painting till i test fitted it.

I think it will look spot on once done does look like the grill on the blobeye :)

I agree, i think it looks a bit more scooby ish.

not sure what to do with the old grille though, the plastic is cracked, so i couldnt sell it.

looking good - mesh looks a better finish than the plastic IMO

That looks loads better, similar to the blob eye.

thanks gents, will get some more pics up as soon as its painted and fitted.

Makes me wonder, Why Subaru didn't make it the standard grille in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutley love that. Just the look I would like for my outback. Not keen on the chrome bling American looking thing which is standard. Was considering trying to make one possily out of a legacy grille like your old one but if off the shelf is available might go for that.

Is it a standard legacy part?

Not sure if the grilles are the same on the legacy as the outback (fitting and shape wise.)

Does anyone know?.

Cheers

Alan

HI,

thanks for the message.

I'm not keen on the chrome style thing either. You got any pictures of yours? pictures paint a thousand words n all that.

No its not a "standard" Legacy part, however, it is a genuine subaru grille.

I think the legacy grilles have different fittings depending on the exact model. I bought this of another legacy owner as it didn't his 3ltr legacy estate. But it fits my 2.0R, however I don't think it fits normal 2.0 models. I'd certainly check which over one you buy that it will fit before you part with any cash. I think I was lucky, other than it needing painting.

I'm afraid I'd have no idea if it would fit an outback. You could try a mean stealer, I think SG petch might be some use? - http://subaru-outback.sgpetch.co.uk/pages/accessories

Not sure what model outback you have but, this may be of use?

2004 -2009 - http://subaru-outback.sgpetch.co.uk/pages/accessories/detail/model=310/category=ROOT-exterior/accessory=Front+Mesh+Grille/id=8766

2008 -2010 - http://subaru-outback.sgpetch.co.uk/pages/accessories/detail/model=309/category=ROOT-exterior/accessory=Front+Mesh+Grille/id=8766

• Like 1

Nice one,

Pick it up on Friday night so will take some pics over the weekend and post them up.

It's a 2.0d re 2008my on a 58 plate.

Looking forward o getting it and it's my first Subaru :-)

Cheers

Alan

I don't suppose I could borrow your old grille maybe please once I get the car?? Can check if that size fits then keep an eye out for one like your new one?

Being a diesel I don't know if the bonnet is different either as it has a scoop in it :-)

Cheers

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Front emd of mine with the standard grille.

I'm not keen on it tbh and think it looks vectra ish. Much prefer a clean mesh grill tbh. Also will just give it that personal touch?

Cheers

Alanpost-2413-0-25916300-1401233280_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I don't suppose I could borrow your old grille maybe please once I get the car?? Can check if that size fits then keep an eye out for one like your new one?

Being a diesel I don't know if the bonnet is different either as it has a scoop in it :-)

Cheers

Alan

Front emd of mine with the standard grille.

I'm not keen on it tbh and think it looks vectra ish. Much prefer a clean mesh grill tbh. Also will just give it that personal touch?

Cheers

Alanattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hi,

I'm so sorry, i didnt even see these replies.

I haven't got the new grille in yet, as its still getting painted - with a family member so he's doing it as a favour when hes gets round to it.

But yea sure, you can borrow the old one once the new one is in. Sure we can sort something out.

I bought it off a guy who had a 3ltr spec b legacy estate and it didnt fit his... but it does fit the 2ltr legacies.

When i fit it, i'll take a few pictures of the fittings and compare them to yours, see if tht sheds any light on it.

right so, pics :)

they aint fantastic, will take some more once i've given the car a clean on a nice day.

SDC12214.JPG

20140605_143306.jpg

20140605_143316.jpg

20140605_143319.jpg

20140605_143336.jpg

20140605_143342.jpg

20140605_143515.jpg

in the last pic, you can see the bottom of the grill, is not quite flush with the bumper... anyone got any ideas?

i was thinking a bit of double sided foam sticky tape.. but not sure if that would would.