Revs jump when changing gears

ChrisD

Hello all, 

The problem is, when i change gears my revs seem to jump up by a few hundreds before dropping down, as if i haven't fully taken my foot of the pedal.

I make sure i fully take my foot off to ensure that isnt the problem and it still does it, as if there as a slight delay in the trottle being let of? 

or maybe my dump valve is effecting it as it seems to coincide with the "PSShh"

Any help would be great thank you !! 

Kind regards

Chris 

Might be the clutch slipping. But if it's been since you have had the DV on I'd say it's that. Wouldn't hurt to swap it over if you can just to test. But I'd check all your hoses too makes sure they're split free and all tight. [emoji3]

Pipes pretty easy to check just check all of them are tight. And can get little water spray bottle with the engine running spray your hoses to listen for any change in revs. If the water finds a split it sounds like it will stall. If its the clutch it will get worse sooner than later.

it has been remapped, i had a fully decat pipe put in and then had it re-mapped. 

I will try the water trick tonight, 

I also have access to an ultrasonic air leak detection piece of kit .... that in theory should do it but I will have to try it.

is there any way of proving it's the clutch or not the clutch? 

Usually if the clutch slips it's as you got up the rev range it will rev higher and feel like the power isn't there. So I'm sure it's not that and more to do with an air leak myself. But maybe an early sign. 

I get simple way would be to get it in a high gear put your foot flat to the floor if the revs climb quick but doesn't pull well for a fraction of a seconded that would be a good sign clutch is badly slipping.  

I will check the connections and pipes, thank you. the clutch doesn't feel the problem to me but I'm no expert. 

Have my ultrasonic air leak detection gun at the ready !

• Like 1

get a nice long straight road ( private land) and give it some through all the gears, if the revs go up but your speed doesnt its usually a tell tale sign its starting to slip, my bugeye started slipping right after my remap and usually its 3-4th gear that shows the slipping first due to torque.

hmm, will give that a go. 

Talking about me and my toys i will plug in my OBD logger and get some graphs of speed vs RPM see if i can find some slip.

also see my boost over a run see if i see any relations. 

• Like 1