Storage insurance

I was wondering if anyone could help me please. I have just bought a v3 type r as an investment and was wondering if it is possible to insure it sitting in my mates unit? It will have insurance to be taken out but that won't be often. I don't have a licence and am new to this so any help appreciated. Thanks in advance

You'd have to get a licence 1st before they'd even offer you cover, assuming you've not been banned/convicted of any motoring offences you'll have some silly quotes come back that's if they are willing to insure you, my previous insurer wouldn't let me put anyone down as a named driver until they'd held a licence for 3 years or more.

But assuming you have got your licence and have 3-10k (I'm not joking here some members have been quoted as much as 8k)

Then you could take out a years policy with limited mileage to 1000 miles and tell them it's kept in storage (again if it's not near your house and not a recognized storage facility) may throw up issues and tbey'd want ro know of the facility was ploice Larm monitored etc, you could do it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks stants. Looks like it will be contents insurance. The car will be going to shows and for its mots and for that my mate will be getting it insured and taxed himself. Yeah no convictions just don't have a license and no intentions of driving the car either its an insurance policy I am making from my inheritance. Been told a few times I got the car at a steal price but my god some of the forums I read and arguments about chassis codes and theirs  is a real type r wow!!!