My New XV.

RichieT

So I thought I would stick up a post of images of my new XV. I must admit I do like the Blue. The only accessories that I have fitted are the Resin tailgate protector and the spare tyre.

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

I also like the resin tailgate protection strip on the back. 

IMG_0766.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good in blue,

To be fair i've only seen it in black white silver and an off green colour so it's refreshing to see it in another one,

I like those wheels, shame there are no cheap sets floating around at the mo [emoji20]

You didn't fancy the KAK coloured one, sorry I mean Kahki coloured.

I like the blue but I have a real aversion to coloured cars, the white one i've just bought was a big step, my last 5 cars have been black. I did have a yellow one once, not sure what that says about me?

The dealer we got ours from had one in this colour and they had a hell of a job selling it. you can call it what you like, to me its just dirty beige.

2013-subaru-xv-crosstrek.jpg

I like the blue but I have a real aversion to coloured cars, the white one i've just bought was a big step, my last 5 cars have been black. I did have a yellow one once, not sure what that says about me

Glutton for cleaning punishment ?

White cars or off white cars are hard to keep clean at the best of time, never mind winter. The colour make no difference to my drive as its a great car to drive. Blue is hard to keep clean as well so front mud guards may be a good investment.

XV in black does look good.

Blue is decent too.

Every colour has it's good/bad points when comes to cleaning & showing of marks.

deffo want get front mud flaps, if you look at condition of lower flank paint work & sills on cars with decent mudflaps from early stage of life compared to without the difference is huge.

XV in black does look good.

Blue is decent too.

Every colour has it's good/bad points when comes to cleaning & showing of marks.

deffo want get front mud flaps, if you look at condition of lower flank paint work & sills on cars with decent mudflaps from early stage of life compared to without the difference is huge.

Well looks like you're out of luck because it sounds like they're discontinuing black as a colour. Dark grey will be the nearest. Black ones didn't sell which is why they made the "black" edition to get rid. The problem is when you have black trims, they only really work if they're darker than the rest of the car, on the black car they're lighter so looks a little odd. Either way the black one didn't sell so well so I've been told

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

if you got a camera handy next time it shined up I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of grey one :-) sounds nice & do like aggressive XV ...

Mine (white) and hers in dark grey look like completely different cars. Mine looks sporty and as I said hers looks aggressive. I shined it up at the weekend so if it stops raining I'll later I'll put a picture up

Well as promised earlier here is a piccy of the Dark Grey Metallic XV the wife has. Its not spotlessly clean as we've got a few floods here so had to get a bit splashed up the side. Mine is because I drove hers through the floods, as its the one with the dog cage in and I took the dog for a walk.

you can see from the photo that her car and mine behind don't really look like the same car, very deceptive. both the Dark grey and the satin white are pearlescent so they reflect the colours of the surroundings a lot which is why hers looks quite blue.

XV now only available in 5 colours, black isn't listed, just checked (neither is Khaki funnily enough)

IMG_2269_zps375c16ba.jpg

• Like 1

I know but apart from the bonnet trim and the colour they're exactly the same car. The White looks much sleeker whereas the dark one looks much thicker in the bonnet and generally more beefy. But there's no difference at all in size of shape. Weird eh?