Plasti dip

quit

Been reading more / watching you tube

I not got a garage ( tho I'm applying for planning in jan ) the gun / sprayer is 120 quid , then the material comes to about 190 - 220 plus tape etc

I can buy a gazebo off eBay 6x3 for 55 quid and they are always handy

Think 400 quid and do it myself and I have the kit

Did you check this site out matt http://www.matt-pack.co.uk/product/starterkit/ you get everything in their pro starter kit and the gun wont need the nozel moddin like if u buy the argos 1.

Next quote come in 40 quid more than I can get all the stuff for and showed me a couple cars he just finished today !!

One was black the other was Cameleon !

Think I'm going yellow with gunmetal roof / wheels

I want to see one that's been done. I've seen the youtube videos. But want to see one up close they make it look easy to peel it off. Might end up seeing a Blobeye done before too long if I can see one up close :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Right, Relive this thread

Been looking and looking, I saw a dark grey car locally, didn't like it was like primer ! so thought ah mix some blue pearl into it and do like a metal flake but after chatting to Matt-Pack it dont work to well or wont give me what i want 

SO

more endless videos and forums (all based in the states), Decided against the whole car as i wanted a 52D wagon for ages and now i got one.... Why change it... BUT aggression is the key 

Female owner of my car before me, roof fudged from handbags and keys lets look into that ,

First up colours... Was thinking yellow roof ?? Would be different but then it would look like those scene VWs which i hate, So more youtube videos leading me towards matte black , Its easy and simple 

where are we?

Well the grey looks like primer and will stick out like a sore thumb i think on my blue and carbon wagon , saw a video on the Metalizer range (metallic finish) only available in spray can and very powerful finish, This started me thinking about a gunmetal grey / anthracite metallic roof !! YES that hits all the buttons, dark grey still a bit shiney YES THATS IT ! 

saw the videos perfect 

till...... My mate is building a scoob powered beetle text me "im going for a plasti dip stormcloud" now we do alot of shows together throughout the year and this !Removed! on my plan i dont want us to match lol!! 

more you tube videos 

Then stumbled accross the Copper metalizer, Loads of clips and people trying to replicate the Rota bronze colour and some acutally look copper ! very cool i thought for wheels , No real UK experience from what i find so went on the US forums for some advice 

few people have tried this and had a good result, 

Matte black base with the copper metalizer over to give a black with a copper metalflake, Apparently 5 coats of black base then a coat of copper gives it a nice  look, Then if i want to beef up the copper more then i just add to suit (eventually it will look like copper!)

So thats my plan.....  Roof and top spoiler like this and the rails etc in plain matte black

Then my wheels need a new look, I am going to match my wheels to the roof origionally... Yeah would look nice i thought!  But saturday morning i stumbled accross a video of Carbon fibre effect !! 

.... So could i do a copper look carbon fibre ?? 

Ive got the stuff to make it look carbon fibre, that arrived this morning and i got the matte black and copper coming by monday!

Attempt 2 today ! Well forgot I left my phone at work so no pics

Got my old wagon spoiler , a tin of matte black ! First up most coat , then a more mist then on the third I went full on coverage . You can tell the more coats you add the smoother it looks , the texture was fine it was like a rubber which u would expect

Let those dry and scratched and clawed at it and no damage !!

Started to peel it and after 5 mins would never tell I done it !