custom back box

Hi i was after some new back boxes for my new 2015 sti was looking at nameless but the back order is mad over a month waiting list and import charges are nearly the cost of the unit so been looking at custom ones has any one used mijexhausts there based in the midlands

Cheers mate i will have a look at cobra to.mij look like they make some good exhausts.i have seen some rubbish in my time powerflow are a joke ask them before about my gt4 ended up walking away there useless. I am still undesided on custom might just suck it up and get the nameless ones unless anyone else knows of some were in the Uk doing exhuasts for 2015 sti need to sort it soon i hate the sound of the car at the min its sounds crap

I had a full system made for mine by cobra. As it's slightly different to the impreza it wasn't off the peg, dropped it at 9 in the morning by half 12 they had made a twin resonated middle and backbox from scratch along with fitting the downpipe [emoji16]

Cheers guys it helps to know people have used them and are happy.in regards to sound all 3 have you been in the new sti when its being hammered it sound God awful you change gear early at times it hard to explain i had a 330d msport which sounded better then this i just hate the way it sounds need to change it asap want it to sound like a subaru should

I don't know much about the new sti's spec but has it got a equal length exhaust manifold?

As they fitted equal length manifolds to a certain year of jdm blob eyes and they lost all of the "scooby burble" and sounded like a (normal) inline 4 cylinder set up.

Cos it's the exhaust gasses hitting each other in the unequal headers that cause the burble not the flat 4 configuration [emoji6]

• 4 weeks later...

Christmas is over woo hoo not a scrooge but it means i can now get back to modding the beast:) i Got my car booked in next sat at solid fabrcations in orpington to have the exhuast done nice bloke heard some really good thing about his work some great reviews about a great one from a Morgan areo 8 owner his does at lot of Hondas his quite active on the Honda forums can't wait:)

• Like 1

Had my exhuast done at the weekend and now my face hurts from all the smiling. i now love tunles. sounds great its quite if you are at low speeds but put your foot down and:-) and no droning need a tuner now so i can get the rest of the exhuast done (turbo back 200cell cat) the air fillter is on the way

post-3411-0-05126200-1421062478_thumb.jp

post-3411-0-51488000-1421062512_thumb.jp

post-3411-0-45534900-1421062540_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Video not gone well tonight got pulled over for driving erratically apparently and in doing so f###ing cerb a wheel not happy any one know good wheel place in south east bit off topic but it will bug me now till fixed

post-3411-0-09452000-1421089268_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

Got it sorted mate cheers i put a repair in wheel section come up good was happy with how it come out but on the hunt for new wheels now lots of new bit coming very soon:-) and video be up later i forgot changed Internet over it got cut off last night new Internet should be in when i get home

• Like 1