Td05 16 g v vf35 or just go td05 18 g or 20 g help :-)

Hello all , I don't post as much but I'm always watching lol , right I'm really confused , past couple of days I have been researching out about these turbos , as I want to buy one

My dilemma in can't decide lol

And I keep thinking if a td05 is better than a vf35 then why are they more expensive lol

Also there a company converting top entry td05 16gs to front entry , which they sell for 200 , and are genuine subaru 16gs yes I know there mitsubishi lol but are obviously quite old but are all checked etc and they will guarantee for 3 months ,

Or you got kinaguwa turbos off eBay that I have read very mixed reviews about so not to sure wanna risk 550 on

Then there is vf35 for 350 ish which are good but not as strong as td05 16gs i have read and cost more to fix etc

Then we got the bigger boys for more power in the future lol 18 20 g but finding a good one is seeming a hard find , just wondering what experience you guys have had of them :-) all of the above

The vf is a roller bearing core turbo so costs more to manufacture and spools quicker .

The tdo5 16g is journal core so spools up slightly slower but holds boost a bit better higher in the rev range (doesn't tail off as much)

genuine tdo5 16g are getting on a bit but are a bit stronger and cheaper to rebuild due to not having a roller core .

I've settled for a tdo5 for now (until I can afford a 400hp ish turbo) as they're cheap and with supporting mods will just about break the 350 hp mark.

Don't think my next turbo will be a td series though as I'd need a 20g to get close to 400hp .Then even with a "trick" upipe would be far to laggy on my 2ltr for a road car .

• Like 2

Ive been looking for a decent td05 for 3 months now,and all I can find is over £100! Don't buy the kinaguawa as they wont last mate

Actually the kinaguawa turbo are getting a good reputation.Alot of the drifting boys use them with great results and give them death yet they still run strong.A few Subarus have them fitted and they run all day long with no faults