just saying hello really

sawman

Greetings all, and seasons greetings

Came across this forum, whilst doing a bit of research on tyres.

I have had my 2007 3.0r outback for just about a year and covered about 20k miles in that time. Its an excellent all round car, I have been really pleased with it so far - clicking sport sharp and hitting the gas pedal never fails to cheer me up!

The car has oem geolanders at present - which seem absolutely fine for the purpose so far, but as they will need replacing over the next few months, I'd value any opinions on alternatives - As I am oop north I wonder if its worth investing in a set of winters, or whether all season tyres would be a decent option. We have some vredstein quadracs on the wifes cherokee, which seem a good match in that application.

I am not planning any offroading, but do occasionally need to traverse the odd dirt track/grassy field

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - quite a few members have second sets of wheels with winter tyres - depends if you have the storage for them, where it is a legal requirement in Germany for cars to be fitted with winter tyres, you can source 16inch steel wheels and winter hoops for about £500 shipped.

For that money and to avoid accidental damage to my alloys I would get some.

I didnt get on with all season tyres as I never found them good enough in either winter or summer scenario - too much of a compromise between the two - but then again that will always be subject to individual driving style

Hello mate sorry about the late reply. Been over eating over drinking as you might be able to tell :D Hope you had a great Christmas too. And please feel free to join in on the threads all great bunch on here none of this bickering or anything like that which is great to see :) 

• Like 1