Scotty_scoobie

Hi all, I now own my second Impreza. It's 7 years since I owned my last one. This one is a 1993 wrx which I saved from being spares. It's a nice example for 22 years old but has idle issues. So any parts or information to help me get it sorted would be appreciated. I also want to swap the lexus look rear lights for the standard units. I live in rotherham so local breakers would be even better. Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Hello mate welcome to S.O.C 

Rotherham we have plenty of people local to you here. Sheffield Subaru Services hold the local meets for us and another club they might also be able to help with parts. Martins great bloke too. 

Can always speak with Sak too let him know we sent you should look after you a bit better with possible discounts :D 

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/8946-as-world-performance-parts/

Thanks for the replys. Yes I noticed the Sheffield meets I will be going to a few when I've got it on the road. It is stuck on cold start so I'm going to replace the isc valve. Also the coolant pipe to the throttle body has corroded so no coolant passing through. The previous owner gave up because it's an early import he couldn't match the part numbers. Does this have to match?

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to soc and glad to hear you've saved s early classic .

When looking for Parts for the engine it's described as a V1 /v2 with a phase 1 inlet/fuel set up .

A throttle body coolant by pass is a mod a lot of people do to stop warm coolant heating the intake air as it passes through the throttle body when the engines up to normal running temperature .

So I'd just join the flow and return pipes together unless you live somewhere really cold all the time

Have you done a classic self code check by plugging the connections together under the dash ?

• Like 1

Hi savage bulldog. That information is brilliant :) no I havn't done the check yet. I'm actually a diagnosis tech for Toyota but just have a passion for impreza turbo's. I think they drive like nothing else on the road. A jap car with character :).

I will do that mod then I just need a isc valve. I would guess mine is just the first version. It's a k reg wrx.

Would you advise a performance air filter or normal air box and panel filter (k&n). My adaptor is damaged and it's only a cheap air filter. Was thinking original is better.

Do you mean icv (idle control valve) as sometimes a clean and a code reset can improve things .

First level of induction tune would be a panel filter and resonator delete .

You remove the plastic "u" bend from under the arch liner , so it then draws cold air from under the inner wing through the free flowing panel filter

Yes sorry that's a Toyota term for idle speed control valve. I'll have a closer inspection tomorrow. The guy I bought it off said it had fallen apart inside when he looked. I bought it as seen so to speak.

It was cheap so I plan on putting some money into it.

I'm glad I joined on here, learning a lot just in these few messages.

No problem we like to help out if possible[emoji106]

It might have just been the gauze filter between the icv and inlet as that is a separate item that sometimes falls out on removal .

As with anything I remove a normally use a new gasket on assembly .

One of the Cheapest places for genuine good quality gaskets is

Importcarparts websites worth a look to familiarise yourself with your version/phase as well [emoji6]

I have idling issues on mine it's killing me at the moment but have got 2 icvs knocking about if you need one. I had an issue a bit like that when I swapped engine out, turned out to be throttle body arm where the cable attatches to was stiff but only very slightly. Probably not your idling issue but everything's worth a shot I suppose