Air filter advice. Prepping for remap.

2cbdff4fa531f89ee1792dd8cb35e6ca.jpg

Seller is subaruofdayton14 on the bay.

If it's not on there I'd give them a mail see if they have stock. Or try subaru UK they had to get some in from Japan when I was after one so 3-5 week wait !

Ask why his is ten dollars and ohio subaru is 5 ! Haha looking back at my order history it cost 15 quid for the gasket and shipping. I'm gonna create a random small parts thread for hard to get hold of stuff [emoji16]

The map ? Gutted know how you feel mine was then wasnt etc until I spat my dummy out and told her it's getting done, mines already paying for it's self saved at least 50quid in fuel. Dazzle her mind with man maths [emoji16]

The man maths works but it's like temporary blindness. The map IS getting done [emoji38] she just doesn't know it yet. Trying the softly softly approach first. There was a right ruckus last time when I rocked up with a turbo back exhaust [emoji32] [emoji20] I've still got a few tricks "might as well enjoy it while it's there" kind of stuff. There's always the dummy technique. I'll gradually wear here down.

Ha ha that's half my battle. My wedding is in October and I'm more interested in the car. Put it this way. There's 8k in the bank and only 6k left on wedding. But I can't have a little fun [emoji38]

There has been at least 3 different Scooby bits in my lounge for the pass few weeks. I don't help myself here. Oh but it's ok her !Removed! shoes are all over the bedroom....best not get started on all that. No doubt she'll track me down here. This is like an online man shed just a lot bigger and more people in it. [emoji4]

• Like 2

Panel filter mate, ive seen cone filters destroy turbos! 

cone filter gives noise etc but a panel filter works just aswell,

i cut my airbox up to get more cold air into it 

Any pics please,any advantages other than noise...........did you drill holes etc in sides for example. Do you get cooler air in,would presume heat soak from engine bay but would like to do this mod if works ;)

Just pondering,i have a K&N panel,cobra zaust,will remove a cat,prob replace centre section but this wont make a difference to map once done.

I am in similar process to scooby ghost(other than getting married and newage ) :lol:  I know different as every thing requires re-map . So getting it ready to fit before map come time..........again i want similar results,no bhp chaser as to me its just a " i have XXXhp" stuff,i want a drivable motor,earlier boost(cat removal should be 500rpm earlier) .So 250-280 i would have thought reasonable ,the td04 is good for 280.........some 300 from,but thats at its limit and i dont want that. I want it safe/reliable in its parameters if makes sense,but a little more ooooomph :D Its a fraction over 1bar ,so if a bar=14.5 then its 15psi as is with filter n zaust. Only issue i have is noise,right now imo anyway its spot on,good burble,loud to have compliments,not intrusive........so i dont want any louder .

Cheers ven :)

Got in through the door and bam with the wedding talk [emoji38] She then says to me(you'll like this). Why don't you wait to do your car when you get a tax rebate?(I'm self employed) Unbelievable!!! The cheek to suggest the car waits. So as predicted I pulled the old "enjoy it while it's there" told her if I don't do the car itll only get wasted on takeaway or some other cack I'll never use again. Unlike my damn impreza! Let me have my time women.

Feels good to say that. Almost like I'm saying it to her but she's not actually here. I hope...[emoji102] [emoji41]

Disclaimer: Despite what I say we do actually get on really well and she really is as bad as I make out. Shhh you'll all end up meeting her one day at nbo or some event at some point.