Air filter advice. Prepping for remap.

Not to sure how this happened but I'm almost ready for my remap. I was expecting it to take several months. I have my decat downpipe and 3 port boost solenoid ready for it. The last piece of the puzzle is a better form of getting air to those lovely spark plugs.

Now I'm looking for advice to which would be a better upgrade. Should I just go for a replacement panel filter with original pipework or replace it all with a cone filter of sort and different pipework. I should add this is on a classic turbo 2000 X reg.

Looking to get 260-270 bhp with a nice sound and mid range grunt. Not interested in getting to 150mph as quick as possible. Just some nice poke between gears.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. [emoji106]

I'd prefer my noise coming from the turbo or the exhaust before the filter anyway. Cheers Matt [emoji106]

Any particular filter to look at? I see quite a few on scoobyworld. Haven't checked any other shops yet.

This is my exhaust not on yet. The centre and back are going on Sat 7th March. Decat will be on day of map. post-3548-142504291611_thumb.jpg

I went for the rcm fuel pump .

what about a 3 port boost solenoid to give the mapper better control over the boost .

if yours is pre 97, a later (97 onwards) 1.7 bar map sensor as the early one's are only good for 1.2 bar

Probably pick up both for £60 second hand and they only take 5 mins to fit on the day of the remap [emoji6]

• 2 weeks later...

Time has come for the upgrades! I'm very excited so today I'll be ordering the panel filter. Still undecided on make but my head is saying pipercross at the minute. I'm also going to order an rcm fuel pump. Now is there anything else I need to get with the pump or is it basically plug in and play? I've tried to source a gasket for the pump too bit icp say they can't get them anymore. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Once the pump is in and the filter is ready I'll order my exhaust gaskets get myself booked in with Duncan and put the decat on.

Oh one more bit, the car is going on the rollers Saturday. Should be interesting to see.