The code of Subaru...........

ven

Having a shogun(so similar to pajero) ,drivers had yellow diamonds as like a member signature in window(think size of2 tax discs but a diamond shape and yellow.............guess the clue was there)

Pic,can see me using as tax disc holder

C9B2F918-68B5-40F9-BC72-4F5C28BD4BF2_zps

Quite a few pajeros compared to subarus, an easy 10/1 ratio .Over the years odd flash but most just...........well did not matter.

Excluding the awesome peeps i got to know,met and went on days out laning/pay and play sites etc. So this is a general on the road type of observation.

Now we are at subaru impreza ownership,even in the last 2 weeks and we know they are becoming a rarer site(round me anyway) i have been pipped(not for that reason :P )waved at,thumbed up etc.

I thought.............its like a bikers thing maybe,but subaru owners ,but be them older shape(do love them) or newage ,all appear  friendly and seem to go out of their way to let on., B)

Just a couple of days back a nice black impreza(dont know if sti or wrx) beeped a couple of times as i was turning off. Looked back and he slowed and seen a  face looking at me and sure a thumbs up(not middle finger :P ) in rear view mirror.

Just a general observation within a few month,seem a friendly bunch of drivers,more so than any other mark of past i have owned............

Is this the norm where you are?? is there a code,or subaru owners have a passion in their brand more than other brand owners...............

Cheers ven

it is like bikers - I exchange flash lights and the odd wave etc, do for all models but get most response from Imprezas and legacies, the Fozzies by me tend to be driven by the older generation and dont respond :)

When I picked up the impreza me and the misses had about a 3 hour drive home with it and she said every subaru we go past looks at the car or waves.

I didn't really notice but after she said something it seams to be a subaru thing and I am a fan.

Yep one of the best things I think is the community of subaru. It has a few dicks just need to look at a few forums and fakebook groups soon pick them out. But other than the minority I think it's great I've just pulled in car parks and ended up chatting and making friend's with other owner's. As jay said most legacies and forester I see are older people but had one forster sti flash and had one legacie wave up to date. I always look at impreza owner's that don't wave as fresh blood lol . But they will learn [emoji6] [emoji106]

We love you stants [emoji6] but I do still stick my hand up to any other subaru see if I can change it [emoji3] used to have an older fella in an evo who always waved when he see me but I think he must have past away I've not see him for ages [emoji22]

As I pulled out my road the other week a bug eye put his thumb up at me and coincidently we went the same way. Into the Dartford tunnel (famous for tunnel runs) it was beautiful. Our eyes met at the entrance, I shrugged my shoulders to suggest "we may as well have a blast" he nodded in agreement and away we went. Roaring through the tunnel (he was anyway I didn't have my exhaust at that point) we left the tunnel and went separate ways but not before we had a flash (no gambit, the headlights) and a dab of hazard lights.

I've stopped a classic before and ended up just chatting for a good half hour. Just rambling on and I'm sure he had things to do like I did but for that moment it didn't matter.

Just a few days ago I was stopped in asda by a Scooby owner flogging the youscoob website. I'm not on Facebook though.

I absolutely love the feeling of being in an almost exclusive club feels a bit special. I've never felt so welcomed to a club without even knowing the members and this forum proves that even more so. Well done lads and lasses. Lets keep this all going.[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji4]

• Like 2

Well there goes my thought "everybody loves me for who i am"  :lol:  :lol:

Thats great,shame they do have a rep,tbh what mark does not, "BMW" drivers have been surpassed by AUDI now.........and we know BMW drivers were Mondeo owners of past :lol:

Ok on a serious note(only for once) it kind of makes me proud to be a part of it. I know if i broke down at side of the road,if a subaru passed it would pull over. I have had a few talk "subaru" in past,but admit nothing compared to when i parked the 7ft 7 truck up...............that was a magnet...........unfortunately not for ladies :lol:  dads and lads magnet,every kid loved it,pointed at it,if close by and window down,i heard many times "daddy look at that big jeep"

Sport/sti/wrx/forester etc to me makes no difference,on here all are treated as should hence why i spend time on here looking through and posting when possible. I get fed up of the sti *beep* stuff tbh,wrx are *beep* etc.

I do contemplate a wagon in truth,the advantage of the boot size over the saloon..............think 2 young ones and a caravan to go.

After Rachels 2 crashes last year(5 series..........yes a bm  :lol: ) and a run about focus(took a bend to quick) we have picked up a little..............dare i say french car(goes against my "jap or german" only but not mine.,She loves it,its a run about temporary,but 25k on clock,like new and auto 1.4. Its actually ok to drive too...........honest!!!  For just £800 off a very good friend...........it is less than 1/2 they go for on eBay,just too good to not get. When i have used it and i pass a lot of clios,  no one lets on...........thankfully :P

Crashed bm(very good car tbh,2.5 straight 6 and bullet proof engine ,other than sensors)

7C05CEF0-CAC9-4BF1-ACD0-B61C78CF95B1_zps

Then focus

093E96FC-3AF9-427D-B3EF-233F5CE330CD_zps

She hated that.........so much she crashed into a big curb...........joking aside,fractured sternum and ribs

All in 2 months after a decade of issue free(she used to have an FTO)

Now

CD94BFA6-6112-4B86-89AA-6A3B404865BB_zps

Lucky me i have 2 black cars to keep clean :huh:

0726D504-B689-486B-A313-B7A13C3E9E06_zps

But other marks have no "bond" so to speak as i have noticed,maybe evo owners do but dont know on that(would have thought so)

With the rep that comes with impreza ownership,i will add i have not seen any driven like a *beep*.............yet 

Proud to be a part,just wish i knew who it is pipping and letting on,some older shape,some newage,shape seems to make no difference so far B)

Subaru has a strong,passionate following i have found so early on B)

Cheers ven

ps-thanks for putting up with my waffle

• Like 1

Yep one of the best things I think is the community of subaru. It has a few dicks just need to look at a few forums and fakebook groups soon pick them out. But other than the minority I think it's great I've just pulled in car parks and ended up chatting and making friend's with other owner's. As jay said most legacies and forester I see are older people but had one forster sti flash and had one legacie wave up to date. I always look at impreza owner's that don't wave as fresh blood lol . But they will learn [emoji6] [emoji106]

B)  I have found(bare in mind far more likely around near me to park up and another 4x4 be it a disco or another paj etc) very rarely a day would go buy without someone coming over and chatting or asking about mods. Admittedly after a few years it did get tiring of all the attention. Now i am like a ninja  :ph34r: discrete and hidden away............well so i thought  :lol: Only till another subaru is about that is :)

I stay away from face ache............and will stay that way. Understand easy to keep in contact with family far away,but daily spats by keyboard warriors is not for me,not to mention i dont want everyone to know my ins and outs(nothing to hide,just more a private kind of guy if makes sense) . 

• Like 1

To be onest I wave at all subarus but it's only imprezas that usually wave back :-(

I love you car avatar  B)

I need a high lift spoiler and i have found hens teeth in my rocking horse *beep* whilst looking.............. :lol:

B) I have found(bare in mind far more likely around near me to park up and another 4x4 be it a disco or another paj etc) very rarely a day would go buy without someone coming over and chatting or asking about mods. Admittedly after a few years it did get tiring of all the attention. Now i am like a ninja [emoji14]h34r: discrete and hidden away............well so i thought [emoji38] Only till another subaru is about that is :)

I stay away from face ache............and will stay that way. Understand easy to keep in contact with family far away,but daily spats by keyboard warriors is not for me,not to mention i dont want everyone to know my ins and outs(nothing to hide,just more a private kind of guy if makes sense) .

Exactly mate I have a fair few people from here on Fakebook but spend more time on here than on there. I hardly post about my car or what I'm doing. I just post stupid !Removed! to make people laugh now. And share thing's. Do speak to family on it and friend's but that's it now. I've said before on another post I refuse to help and give advise now on it to many idiot's that want to argue a toss not !Removed! I can be bothered with. especially when it's something stupid as a !Removed! air filter [emoji19] that for me was enough. Just gets silly at that point.
  • Like 1

Lovely subaru.............. B) all done tastefully ,how i like,colour is stunning too :)

Rach did love hers to death!!! literally............

0569418F-6D78-40CD-8F59-5759C50829C6-948

B059562C-4D66-4DED-8233-C4241B634CCA-948

Nice v6,tip- tronic..........nice place to sit tbh. She still misses it now,but ins too high.............its over £800 for the clio :huh:

Only pic i have was taken by my late father,my eldest lad(good few years back,maybe 12 ish) of the 200sx s14a,pre mobile phone cameras so a pic off an actual printed pic. As it was not meant to be a car pic,it only shows a bit .......

Loved that car,really nice to drive,had to go as young one on way and rear seats would not fit baby seats(bucket).Thats when the shogun was born.......

65851318-F528-45CF-BA5F-B2D2FFF02A17-184

• Like 1

Love you too gambit [emoji8]

Theres loads of fozies near me but either driven by old boys or mums so don't bother waving, theres some young lad in a n/a one who keeps following me and having a look but never stops to say hi.

Some impreza owners say hi as they know whats what, but others don't see really,suppose only having one small subaru badge on the ba k doesn't help. I normally get 'whats a forester' ?

• Like 1

passed my first subaru since i got the car 2 weeks ago and got the wave when i first owned one 6 year ago i was like why thay waving at me then you cotten on after a few times i know some people will think its crazy but i do like the feeling of how proud subaru owners are and how we all look at the other subaru and think thats nice even though we are in the same cars most the time  :D

• Like 2

I was the same was only about the fourth car I'd cottoned on lol. I remember I'd only just bought the car and had only got 2 minutes down the road before I see the first scoob he waved I was thinking he maybe thought it was the mistaken me for the guy I'd bought it off lol. Butt now when I see another I'm normally the first to wave. [emoji113]

• Like 1

aye am looking forward to the summer if we have one and going on a few road trips with the kids in fact a look forward to the drive to work now av got a scooby again even better if its hot and windows are down 

• Like 1