Any problems if we use 95 instead of 98?

Martin959

Wow we all drive subarus in the wrong part of the world. They must look at us and think w are rich.

But yer the yanks think 25+ mpg is very good.

I worked out my average mpg to be about 19.5 so far, 25+ would be incredible!

Tesco momentum is 99RON and about the same price as other garages SUL (my local one is only 97). Worth it if you happen to be near one... I think I payed about 114.9 last time and fuel's pretty pricey around my way.

i used Tesco alot till someone noticed issues with it and his had sedament in it, i have since vowed to only used V power or if im desperate ill put a tiny bit of BP in

Yeah, I guess in case of emergency, is fine then... :)

Believe it or not, here in Spain not every gas station has 98... just for the record if someone is coming to spain with the scooby [emoji14]

I'm certainly tempted to take you up on your offer maye missus said she might be up for it too [emoji1] [emoji106]

But I have used 95 in mine before feels awful when driving and seem to use more fuel. I guess it's using more to compensate. I had no real issue but throttle response from a standing start was noticeably worse. I always use Shell when possible but will use tesco momentum or any other higher octane fuel when available. [emoji3]

i used Tesco alot till someone noticed issues with it and his had sedament in it, i have since vowed to only used V power or if im desperate ill put a tiny bit of BP in

Surely sediment is only a problem if you let your fuel get low? Or am I being naive about that?

Bare in mind mine is not mapped for a specific ron,i used to use 97ron super,moved now for several last tanks(tank lasts 10 days-2 weeks ish) to Shell nitro of which i believe 99ron. Its made absolutely no difference in anyway...........or at least noticeable,may run cleaner.........dont know. I got into the habit of working mpg out per tank,knowing the miles done from fill up,then divided litres it took to brim into gallons,then into miles driven. This done maybe 5 or 6 times at least and with nitro,i am under what i was doing on 97ron. Tank wise does vary,but i do fill up at a 1/4,maybe a midges under but well before petrol light comes on(yes does work as tested 1st time to see when comes on,around 1/8th tank).

I do know i get 41 miles from brimmed to max line  :lol: ,i think wow how frugal,then it drops fairly quick from there,more so in the last 1/2.

At 1st 24mpg of average driving due to well............imagine having a truck that took 4 weeks to get to 80, so odd *cough* here and there,best is 27mpg recorded. Pretty confident i could see 30mpg if driven more like someone normal :wacko:  :lol:

Whats the point then :D

I pulled in once to my local BP and about to brim with super clocked iirc around £1.40 :huh:  a few week back,lets just say the flap was shut quick and off i went a few mile out of my way to Shell :)

Still sticking with nitro now,regardless if in real world use it makes a difference.............sounds better anyway :lol:

i always use tescos, 2 of my subarus get a hit of 4 mpg on average if i run em on shell vpower + and dont even get me started on bp. the only one which dont seem to care what fuel i put in is the n/a gx. maybe the bps and shells fuel is just crap in bedfordshire.

And Manchester .......

Well maybe I was not going mad after all,so I am not the only one who has had worse results using nitro ! The comparison was against Texaco super at 97 Ron which does not have any special reputation....

I know the fuel comes from the same refineries,just Shell or BP for example add their own additives that can not be found out due to....well others would copy(presuming they did not know mpg goes down lol ). Shells secret recipe !!

BP I find ok priced for normal 95ron,but super ,I am yet to find a more expensive fuel!

Not tried Tesco ,but then it's no easy task for me ,as none within a reasonable distance ......

That's some jump 4mpg........appears similar to my difference of 3mpg ......something amiss .

Cheers ven

:rolleyes: never thought!!! will be onto that one,cheers :)

Works out 1p a litre off with the card on v power well 1.5p at the moment with triple points.

--

I make Films and Website for people

I tend to get around 40 L (fuel already in tank) ,give/take maybe 5L depending............being used to a 92L tank where getting an easy 80L in(fuel in tank reserve like the wrx) it certainly "saves time at the pump"  :)

From £300- sometimes £400 a month,i now even using super(before just 95 ron) i am putting only £120 -£160ish in tops

The subaru costs me £200 a year more to insure(£700 with break down due to false claim against me few years back and lost 14ncb so now at 5ncb) imho =not bad,and a £200 ish a month fuel saving pay rise=good

Touch wood,i am very happy in the subaru world :D always liked my Jap cars.........

I remember pre shogun,i had a 200sx s14a(great car btw) and it was £40 to brim back then at around £79p ish a litre,travelling at time from Ramsbottom using 95ron,i would fill tank every 5 days(20mile each way,40 mile a day round trip).

PS-yes woke up early ffs :angry:  :lol: