Hi from Buckinghamshire

Iain-WRX

Hi Jonny b, yes near High Wycombe, could of been me on the A40 as work in High Wycombe so good shout on that guess lol, I don't remember following you though even though I'm always looking to give a Scooby wave, so hello to you.

Ha ha well who ever ιt was I waved!! Ɑnd they waved back lol

Will have to meet up some time? I'll bring the rope a shovel ɑnd a bag of lime lol

Sounds like the start of any good party ;) 

Should start a local meet up group :D

Right work done got a few days off, things to do whilst off purchase a front lower bumper spoiler in black or the lower mesh grille (under number plate) in black to match top ones, this should improve the look at the front, catch up with you guys/girls when I get back from trip up north :)

• Like 2

Word of advice! If you see a strange bloke in arseless chaps ɑnd leather straps over his shoulders clutching 2 bottles of beefeater!!!! Run lιke lιke fook lol

I will be on high alert looking out for this strange bloke you talk of and will definitely have my running shoes on.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all,

I have a dilemma recently as you know I had my car lowered, this was done by means of H&R lowering springs but I started to get a knocking noise from the front end, well after changing both of the suspension top mounts the knocking noise is still there! Well it turns out that the lowering springs have a rounded top edge unlike the original springs which are shamfered so the springs are not seating correctly on the rubber which is located between the spring and the spring cup on under side of top mount!

So I have a couple of questions that I need advising on if anyone can help?

A. Do I remove the springs and shamfer the top edge to replicate the original springs resulting in a better seat ( or is this unadvisable to do) but have to deal with the thought in the back of the mind that is a bit of a cowboy job

B. remove the lowering springs and purchase a set of coilovers which will mean a better package not a mix and match of springs and shocks resulting in a set up that works in harmony together?

If B is the better choice what coilovers do you guys recommend? Has anyone heard or know of a brand that are GOOD ( do you have any fitted to your car you would definitely advise someone to buy)

I see Scoobyworld do the brand BC Racing coilovers, are these good? You can either have them fitted or they send them to you already set up at 40mm lower than the standard set up, pre greased and you can also purchase rear white line camber bolts for extra adjustability on the camber,

Any help would be very welcome as I'm not one to put up with a car that is poorly and needs attention, not just going to turn up the Stereo and hope I can't here it if you know what I mean! Would rather spend the money and fix it.

Or do I just go back to standard set up and forget about handling and style!!!

mod your existing springs, if you have the originals you can get the angle from them so it shouldnt be a botch job, take your time it will be fine

No need to, looks like I might have the wrong springs supplied, looked into it this morning via internet and eBay all the ones listed for my car have the correct flat top so that they seat right in the cup, I should have another set coming to me at 11.00 am to inspect, if they are wrong again I will have to take a picture of the new springs and a picture of the original springs and send them to the product manager who in turn will contact H&R with all the details ( lucky for me I work for the company who I bought them from :) ) could be saving my money this month at least ;) thanks for the reply though I will update when I know

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1