Hi from Buckinghamshire

Iain-WRX

Ok the coilovers are fitted:) but now the front knocking and clunking has gone but now it's happening on the n/s rear :( , took it apart and made sure all nuts and bolts were tight, which they were? Very confused has anybody got any idea to what it could be, it sounds like the top mount area high up? But these are tight too, is there anything it could be I'm over looking?

Damper sticking maybe :( But would have said top mount myself. 

Would a damper sticking make a knocking noise/clunking? Top mount is bolted up tight no movement in this? But does sound top end of the strut, I just don't get it as the front is great not getting any knocking from here now just coming from back, I for one am very confused, I'm going to take it to another garage tomorrow for a second opinion as we might of over looked something simple or not so simple, what ever it is I just need to get it fixed as its peeing me off big time, first lowering spring causing me grief now a set of coil overs, I'm starting to opt for putting it back to standard and putting up with the range rover ride height :(

could be movement in the top mount bearing, even if it is bolted up solid there may be some play if worn / damaged

GOOD NEWS

Ok so I took the car to another garage today ( one of our customers ) we took it on a road test with back seats out with the tech sat in the back, it's not the top mounts its the shock bottoming out he found this out by jacking up the car putting a big bar under the wheel and lifting it up and down you could hear the shock hitting, so I need to wind out the bottom bracket which mounts into hub so that the shock has more travel, not a big job just got to take the wheels off release the bottom lock nut and twist the whole shock until shock bottom levels out with bottom of the outer bracket :) this will then give the shock room to travel.

BAD NEWS

Also had another modification done to my car today one that I didn't put on my wish list but will end up costing me due to some inconsiderate w*#ker who decided to reverse into my o/s front wing and leave me a nice dent :( then decides to bugger off and not tell anyone, just got to love the common decency held by fellow humans of this world.

So to sum up my day in one word S*#t

But thanks to you guys who posted any thoughts as to what it might be.

:unsure: Shame some barsteward had to ruin the Good news :( Gutted for you mate bit like the luck I'm having with mine at the minute though :( 

And yep I could have given you some more idea's but wouldn't ever have been that lol :D

:unsure: Shame some barsteward had to ruin the Good news :( Gutted for you mate bit like the luck I'm having with mine at the minute though :( 

And yep I could have given you some more idea's but wouldn't ever have been that lol :D

What's going on with you then Gambit?

Where do I start lol 

Well new clutch going in this week did an Oil and filter change today to find I've 3 very low tyres on tread all on the inside less than 9 months old. Have a piston sticking on one of the calipers. And I replaced a hub and bearing not long ago 2nd hand took the risk and it's not paid off so going to have to buy a new hub and bearing and have it fitted. Oh and nearly forgot cambelt will be due soon too ;) never a dull moment :D 

Where do I start lol 

Well new clutch going in this week did an Oil and filter change today to find I've 3 very low tyres on tread all on the inside less than 9 months old. Have a piston sticking on one of the calipers. And I replaced a hub and bearing not long ago 2nd hand took the risk and it's not paid off so going to have to buy a new hub and bearing and have it fitted. Oh and nearly forgot cambelt will be due soon too ;) never a dull moment :D 

And there's me thinking I had problems! Well my problems are not worthy compared to that list, gutted for you :( but stiff upper lip old chap and attack the list one by one ( with force if necessary lol )

• 2 weeks later...

Update on coilover issue, alas still no resolve so going to have to put back to standard :( not what I wanted but after numerous removing wheels and adjusting rear coilovers still knocking like the police on a 5 am raid, it's a shame as the look is just what I wanted but I can not sacrifice the ride for looks, GUTTED,

Just wondered is this a common fault on having coilovers regardless of brand? Just that when you search on google and youtube it doesn't matter to what brand they are there's a lot of others experiencing the same problem.

Just see the bit about the dent!! What a Bastid!!! I had an old dear hit my car! She drove off, I followed her home didn't want to scare her when she pulled up I got out ɑnd told her, she didn't even realise shed done ιt, ιt was only as I had half her number plate in my hand she couldn't deny ιt lol

My mates got coilovers on his with no knocking! He lives up totteridge do you want to arrange a meet to have a look bud?

Hi Jonny, cheers I will meet up with your mate, but the car is going back to standard today, so when the coilovers are off I can get them looked at, so a look at your mates might give me an insight as to how they should be set up, I will pm you later my phone number so we can arrange something cheers bud :)

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1