Hi from Buckinghamshire

Iain-WRX

Hello everyone from a first time Subaru owner who has a massive smile on his face, I have an 06 Impreza WRX can any one point me in the right direction to find where I can purchase the spoiler riser blocks in the UK?

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C and car looks nice from the profile picture :)

Do you mean the struts to lift the WRX spoiler you have on now? I'm not a fan myself but depends what look you want I guess :) But I think the STI one is better looking myself :D

Just had a quick look I can't seem to find any myself now :D will have another look for you tomorrow mate 

• Like 1

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C and car looks nice from the profile picture :)

Do you mean the struts to lift the WRX spoiler you have on now? I'm not a fan myself but depends what look you want I guess :) But I think the STI one is better looking myself :D

Just had a quick look I can't seem to find any myself now :D will have another look for you tomorrow mate 

Hi and thanks for the welcome, yes they are what I'm looking for, I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to buy them or go with the STI spoiler as yet it's dependant on cost and looks, as I have only seen them in pictures and not in the flesh I could go either way but would like to know where I can purchase if required, the Japcar show is on Sunday so hopefully I might see them in the flesh there.

• Like 1

Only one's I could find was from Hong Kong :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAINTED-SUBARU-02-07-IMPREZA-WRX-STI-GDA-GD-REAR-WING-TRUNK-SPOILER-RISER-BLOCKS-/300914978954?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460fee308a

And I think for the STI one will be looking at around £300 with painting. or round £250 if you can find the same colour 2nd hand on Fleebay :)

But what ever you choose have to post some updated pictures I might change my mind you never know :)

Do you have any other plans ?

• Like 1

Only one's I could find was from Hong Kong :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAINTED-SUBARU-02-07-IMPREZA-WRX-STI-GDA-GD-REAR-WING-TRUNK-SPOILER-RISER-BLOCKS-/300914978954?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460fee308a

And I think for the STI one will be looking at around £300 with painting. or round £250 if you can find the same colour 2nd hand on Fleebay :)

But what ever you choose have to post some updated pictures I might change my mind you never know :)

Do you have any other plans ?

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome,

In reply to Gambit yes I will post pictures once I have decided which type I'm going to go for, I have a couple of other mods that will be taking place, firstly I have a set of H&R lowering springs (35mm all round) I just purchased these through my work which will be fitted in the next couple of weeks, also going to change the wheels but i'm not sure if im going to stick with 17" or go with 18" wheels but I will see what it looks like when lowered with the standard 17's on and lastly a remap hopefully in August that's all for now.

• Like 1

All sounds positive mods to me so far. Tough call 17" or 18" My Mrs would tell ya 1" extra inch would make all the difference :unsure:  :huh: lol

I would be tempted to have all black alloys or some sort of black and silver alloys. I like the black silver look as you might see from the other posts I have commented on :D

But looking forward to see the results with the springs too :)

• Like 2

All sounds positive mods to me so far. Tough call 17" or 18" My Mrs would tell ya 1" extra inch would make all the difference :unsure:  :huh: lol

I would be tempted to have all black alloys or some sort of black and silver alloys. I like the black silver look as you might see from the other posts I have commented on :D

But looking forward to see the results with the springs too :)

All black alloys is what I like but do I go matt black or gloss black to many decisions to make, my next issue is size and what style ? Quite like the look of the Inovit tarmac's? any other suggestion are welcome as I am undecided need a few more ideas?? I will be taking photos of all changes from start to finish so will post them up as I go.

• Like 2

Hmmm I think I would go matt black myself or a metallic maybe two tone style black. Oh hell it's not even my car :D got me at it now ;) And I think the Inovit is a good choice last full set I bought was from here http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/?gclid=CNHHnNDY_bcCFabLtAod5zAA7Q

give you something else to look at :D

And yep I like pictures. The same way I like my books :)

• Like 1

my 2p - I would go black chrome 18" with some tasty treads then as another member has done put some more winter orientated rubber on your existing ones and have a great all year round option

• Like 2

Ok so it's Black wheels, choice of spoilers?, lowered and a remap well that's me skint for a bit, guess I will have to stay in for a while lol, but at least the car will be looking good. Pictures will follow once it all starts which will be the lowering first as I already have the spring kit.

Applied for the SOC free sticker so if I get one then a picture will be posted of it on the car.

Thanks for your input.

• Like 2

Sounds good to me. I think the stickers might be a week maybe 2. there was meant to only be 50 given away, I don't know full figures but I know it was exceeded ALOT! Haha so maybe some delays. But don't hold me to that I have nothing to do with that :D

And if you're on about the rear spoiler STI for me all the way ;) And looking forward to seeing the pictures :D

• Like 1

Hi all,

Just had another thought, now I'm more focused towards the STI type rear spoiler but do I go colour coded to match car or do I go carbon wrap? Reason for this is I want the front lower lip spoiler and I have seen this in carbon and it looks good what's your thoughts?

I think the carbon look both ends would go with black alloys or would this be too much a bit like mix and match, the last thing I would want to do is make the car look tacky.

Help.

I like the sound of it but heard a few people moaning about the carbon effect on the spoilers. That could be because it was a poor job or cheap vinyl I guess. I would also tint the windows, but I like tinted windows :D My old car that was silver I thought looked great with it too. But anyway I think it would look smart with it being done. But if I was my car I think I would have it colour coded :)

• Like 1

There is a supplier that does half and half with their spoilers which I thought looked smart, the end support parts of the spoiler were colour coded and they left the wing part as exposed carbon

• Like 2

Hi Jay762 do you happen to know the name of that company?

That is what a guy who works with me suggest today he is also a Impreza WRX owner, would like to see these in a picture sounds good.

Ill do some digging - I have quite a few links but cannot remember which one it was, oh dear best I browse some more Scooby performance shops again ;)

• Like 1