Am I a lucky boy!

Rizmo

Having ordered a new XV, for delivery in May, I was a bit annoyed to read about a new XV coming out this year. This morning, I got a phone call from the dealer, and seems Subaru are making no more of the 2014 model, and are now making the 2015 model, which I will have to have! Will cost me an extra £900, but does now include 7 inch sat nav, DAB radio, sunroof and keyless entry. I'm not complaining!

• Like 2

Not seen any pics yet, but seems to be more of a facelift than a new model. Just the extras listed above, that I have been told about. Dealer still has a few of the "current" model, which I suppose will be sold off asap, and I would have got one of those, if I had not wanted the spare wheel and the Venetian Red.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a call from dealer today - it's on its way, and should be here in two to three weeks. Also told that it would have electric adjust on the driver's seat - whoopee!

• 3 weeks later...

Ha ha, sorry folks, I am in fact enjoying it sooo much! Will take out tomorrow, and get some pics done. Car is fantastic to drive, and only got caught out once by the engine turning itself off at traffic lights - forgot it had that fitted. Shame about the small luggage space, but coped with family shopping, so that's OK. Lots of drooling from neighbours, especially the bloke who got a BMW company car on the same day - and had to have it trailered back to the dealer yesterday! Sunroof put to good use, along with the DAB radio. Will need a coupe of weeks to work out all the controls - manuals like War and Peace in size.

Manual is a joke, good luck in getting your phone synced to the radio via Bluetooth.

You'll find it's surprisingly lively to drive, you've just got the boring 600miles proper running in which will help your mpg, even though they say it shouldn't need it. I did it with mine and get really good mpg considering. You must have had a big car before because the luggage space is quite big, certainly bigger than my old civic.

Did you get any extras fitted? I had the bonnet trim and it looks like a totally different car from the front.

Glad you're loving it

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Just put some pics up in the gallery (Vixen).

The only extra I went for was the spare wheel, which has raised the floor a couple of inches. My Kia Venga has a two position floor, and with it in the high position, the boot space is roughly the same, but with a hard parcel shelf, so no give. With the floor in the lower position, on top of the spare, it adds about 8 inches depth. XV does not have this facility, so, to me, the boot space is smaller.