James May QUITS Top Gear: 'It just wouldn't work without Jeremy Clarkson'

Gambit

James-May-Top-Gear-Main.jpg

James May has quit Top Gear because 'It just wouldn't work without Jeremy Clarkson'

James May will not return to Top Gear without Jeremy Clarkson.

The show's co-host - whose contract ran out in March after the scandal that saw Clarkson fired for punching a producer - has now revealed that he has no plans to return to the show because it 'just wouldn't work'."

The motoring presenter told the Guardian: "Me and Hammond with a surrogate Jeremy is a non-starter, it just wouldn’t work. That would be lame, or ‘awks’ as young people say.

"It has to be the three of us. You can’t just put a surrogate Jeremy in and expect it to carry on. It would be forced. I don’t believe they would be stupid enough to try that.

"It doesn’t mean I won’t go back, we may all go back in the future. It might just be we have a break from it. I don’t know.”

It was recently revealed that Jeremy Clarkson's final scenes in Top Gear will be screened later this year, according to the boss of BBC2.

Agree with you sandals.

May never bothered me. Too nice to dislike but pretty boring to want to spend a week with him type of bloke. Think thats why all the Christmas dvds was clarkson and hamster.

I'd be more than happy to see him in the same type of show with Clarkson and Hammond the 3 seem to compliment each other some how. Bit like Steak and Chips or Fish and Chips, Curry and Rice they just work :) 

• Like 1

Ive just read Andy wilman the producer of TG has just handed his notice in,and was with all 3 of them today.....Im sure there planning something... :D

Yep Clarksons mate too I can see netflix getting this. all I can say is have my money if they do :D 

finally the excuse I need to stop paying the TV tax it was teh only thing I watched on BBC :D

I know f1 isn't as good as it once was but it's worth a watch if nothing else. But I agree not worth a yearly fee ;)