Timmy's WRX Hatch

timmyjk7

That's a good figure mate nice work. So that's with just a full decat and 3 inch system.

--

I make Films for businesses and people. I also make websites.

The decats are 2.5" into the 3" Invidia. Duncan said usually the hatchs fail to make boost but mine is the opposite and had to turn it down as it just wanted to go. Looks like V Power is the next step

Nice so he mapped it for v-power then? So you just need to use that and make 280 :-D

Your not far of an sti killer there mate with the wrx being lighter.

Did he give you advice on next round of mods or you sticking at 280.

--

--

No its mapped for the morrisons due to the boost but he said it wont need another remap just change to the v power and it will increase the power with the settings in place. Duncan is the man!!!

Before it was mapped it made 220bhp so only 11bhp down from factory

Launch control was another £120 and he said it wasnt worth the additional money as i would never use it seeing as the scoob is my daily. With the £430 you get the remap, the dyno results, choice on pops and bangs and a big smile at the end

Ok cool not bad thank you for the number I will have a word with him. I fancy the switchable maps and am tempted with LC and flat foot shifting but I will prob never use them as it car like yours is a daily.

--

Yer that's the big one deciding what to have I would prob have to use one as a daily run about map and then something a little more fun with LC and auto blip.

That said it all comes down to cost.

--

So today had proved that paying a bit extra for better quality fuel is worth while! Duncan Graham remapped car with same mods and running V Power and its made 277.4bhp @ 345lb torque. estimated sub 5.0's for 0-60.

• Like 1

Nice one.shows were not wasting are money on the more expensive fuel then.you be giving a few cars a suprise now when they think it just a wrx and try blast bast you [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Even at 267.7 it was an animal...... The thing is when you know you have that under the bonnet you just let people crack on! He said that 277 is really as much as the OEM turbo can take on the hatch WRX. 

Least i know i can destroy an STI  :D  :D  :D  :D

Ill get it scanned in tomorrow,

I went with the Scooby World Afterburner (both decat up and down pipes). I think Hayward & Scott make them

Nice one thank you. Got my exhaust done now not quite a n1 rep but really happy with it. Thanks for your advice and warnings on the n1.

I did the same for someone today at japshow.

--

• 2 months later...

Due to change in circumstances I will be looking at selling the Subaru in the very near future! I have no ideas on what its worth so can anyone help put a value on it (sensible). Current Spec:

2007 (57) Impreza WRX Hatchback WR Blue, 80500 miles but changing daily, full service history, MOT until October 2016

Usual WRX features such as climate control, Xenon lamps, disc changer etc etc.

Upgrades/Modifications:

18" Prodrive GT1 alloy wheels 

Vredstein tyres

BC Racing Coilovers

Stoptech upgraded discs, pads and braided lines (front and rear)

Cosworth Panel Filter (needs changing at 90k)

HKS SSQV 4 BoV

Invidia N1 Street Exhaust

Afterburner decats up and downpipes

Racedynamix remap (277 bhp @ 350 torque)

STI mats

STI Spoiler (needs fitting but painted)

STI grille (needs painting and fitting)

All cars have bad points:

Paint has signs of lacquer pealing on front skirt

Paint has been touched up in places (before my ownership) and isnt quite perfect

Rear diffuser/bumper has burnt and hole in diffuser thanks to the flames it spits out!

Door pockets have paint damage but this is a known fault

Door electric mirrors seem to stick when operating and not sure if a new motor is needed on both

Drivers heated mirror doesnt wor, previous owner fitted incorrect motor

Aircon needs redoing.

I have spent a lot of money on this car and has been my pride and joy however I dont have the finances to keep it running as my daily and to fix the "niggles". This car is a beast and will put a smile on anyone's faces! It isnt for the faint hearted either and has embarrassed a few top end motors! Note that this car is stupidly loud, it pops and bangs like a !Removed! and spits some serious flames. as it has no CATs this will fail an MOT.