Timmy's WRX Hatch

timmyjk7

So more goodies turned up today which completes the build for now ....

post-4128-0-76079400-1438186773_thumb.jppost-4128-0-28457400-1438186801_thumb.jppost-4128-0-73339000-1438186824_thumb.jp

So we have a HKS SSQV4 with the upgraded purple fin, BC coilovers and StopTech brake kit with upgraded discs pads and braided lines for all four wheels!

Can't wait to have these fitted on the 11th

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to get some progress pics taken off my phone!

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

Current Spec

18" Prodrive GT alloys wrapped in Vredestein Ultrac Vorti

TPI Tuner anodized wheel nuts

BC Racing Coilovers

Cosworth Panel Filter

Invidia N1 Street Cat Back Exhaust

HKS SSQV4 dump Valve

Stop Tech Grooved Discs (Front & Rear)

Stop Tech Street Pads (Front & Rear)

Stop Tech Braided Hoses (Front & Rear)

JDM Clear Fog Light

Coming Soon 

Invidia Catless Downpipe

Cobb Tuning SF Intake

Grimmspeed Rad Plate

Remap

Carbon Lip Spoiler

Carbon STI Spoiler

Perrin Spoiler Lift Kit

Uprated Fuel Pump

• Like 4

Coming along nicely their mate,can i ask were you get the clear foglight and will it be ok for mot?wouldnt mind 1 for mine [emoji6] would like to get rid of reflectors in side part of rear lights as well,any ideas?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Cars looking good. What's the n1 like to live with? Is it loud in the cab?

I got my clear light today so going to get it fitted when it stops raining :-D

--

I make Films, Websites and social media for people

Coming along nicely their mate,can i ask were you get the clear foglight and will it be ok for mot?wouldnt mind 1 for mine [emoji6] would like to get rid of reflectors in side part of rear lights as well,any ideas?

I got it off eBay but the seller said he had to import it from Japan. I have been looking for one for ages and they seem to pop up from time to time. They will pass if you put a red bulb which again you will have to get off eBay as no shops seems to stock them (well in Portsmouth anyway!)

Cars looking good. What's the n1 like to live with? Is it loud in the cab?

I got my clear light today so going to get it fitted when it stops raining :-D

--

Its too loud and I have received quite a number of complaints. The drone in the cabin is annoying after 15 minutes. I wish I had gone for the Cobra or H&S now! 

Good luck fitting the light, remember you have to remove all the trim first starting at the top working your way down.

Looks good mate can't wait to start mine just need the funding haha

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks, it seems to have come on leaps and bounds and I only got the car 6 months ago :) Next up is getting the car mapped with last few supporting mods then its styling.

Thanks, it seems to have come on leaps and bounds and I only got the car 6 months ago :) Next up is getting the car mapped with last few supporting mods then its styling.

Fair one mate, I only got mine 2 weeks ago haha, but recently moved house so gotta do the house first [emoji35] lol

Sent from my iphone

Its too loud and I have received quite a number of complaints. The drone in the cabin is annoying after 15 minutes. I wish I had gone for the Cobra or H&S now!

Good luck fitting the light, remember you have to remove all the trim first starting at the top working your way down.

Thanks yer I have had the trim off before so should be an easy fit.

Hummmm ok might look at other options then. Shame as the cobra one has just jumped in price.

Just trying to find any 3 inch system for the hatch is hard.

You keeping it or going to move onto something else?

Alex

--

At the moment I have put the bung in until I have had a chance to work out a feasible option as I am reluctant to buy another exhaust for £500 which makes the total system cost £1300 as i wont get my money back for the Invidia. 

Have you looked into the Hayward & Scott systems or ARK? If i do sell up you will be the first to know :)

At the moment I have put the bung in until I have had a chance to work out a feasible option as I am reluctant to buy another exhaust for £500 which makes the total system cost £1300 as i wont get my money back for the Invidia.

Have you looked into the Hayward & Scott systems or ARK? If i do sell up you will be the first to know :)

Yer I am in to minds on the n1 now but if your selling let me know and if I haven't found something yet I will prob have it off you.

I have seen the h&s ones going to do some research.

Scoobyworld do an after burner back box with a tip I like I am tempted by that as it's cheap and easy should give a little more noise and a small increase in flow. But not sure as I want a full system really.

--

Dont Scooby World offer the additional centre pipe to make it a system? The other option is to get a Powerflow/Longlife exhaust as at least you can design around your own requirements. I had a longlife exhaust made for my Imp and it cost £150 for a silencer and associated pipework and fitting!

I wont make the decision until after my holiday in September on what to do. I might just go to my local Powerflow dealer and ask them to make a new silencer section. 

Yer I got a quote locally it was cheaper than the n1 so might go back to them.

Yer you can turn it into a kit but it's only standard size piping so only worth the backbox I think.

--

• 4 weeks later...

Keeping it for now as I cant afford to change it. It has !Removed! melted my rear bumper even with the Kartboy hangers  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I hope you find it better than what i think but again i warn you about the complaints.

Update: 

As the INGS grille and Varis spoiler didnt fit the WRX I have now ordered the STI grille (with WRX badge :lol: )and STI spoiler. Will post pics up next week with them hopefully fitted. I have decided no more money is being spent on this car as apart from the exhaust i am fairly happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Really pleased with the Race Dynamix remap. Car made 267.7 bhp with 340Ib torque running on Morrisons unleaded. I got told this is the wrong fuel and with V Power I will see well over 280 as the car is a good'n! 

It goes like stink!!!!

• Like 2

Really pleased with the Race Dynamix remap. Car made 267.7 bhp with 340Ib torque running on Morrisons unleaded. I got told this is the wrong fuel and with V Power I will see well over 280 as the car is a good'n!

It goes like stink!!!!

That's a good figure mate nice work. So that's with just a full decat and 3 inch system.

--

I make Films for businesses and people. I also make websites.

Morrisons fuel is ok to use,i use to use it in emergancy in my bug wagon.allways use Shell now as when i used morrisons fuel or even jets the car just didnt seam to be as smooth as with the v power.may just be in my head but it felt more lumpy.nice power upgrade map,hope to get mine done soon.

I tend to think it runs a little better on tesco 99 stuff so tend to do 3ish tanks of that and one of v power for the cleaning goodness.

However we only have a Shell close to me so it's some time a random mix of v power and tesco 99.

--

I make Films for businesses and people. I also make websites.