KSport Big Brake Kits

I am getting mixed reviews on KSport brake kits. Has anyone on here ever used them on a WRX? I am looking to change the nasty 2 pots and these seemed pretty reasonable however if they are pants I wont bother getting them!

Used to have crap or none existsant dust seals, d2 seem to get better reviews.

For me though godspeeds offer thats on for 6 pot aps for £1250 would be the route to go if I was upgrading, not as cheap as the d2's but ap's are the muts nuts when it comes to brakes.

D2's are almost £1k tho.

Ksport/D2 are the same casting aren't they? just a different brand engraved on the case

This is what I thought?! I spoke to Subaru4You and they rate them but Sumo Power has told me to stay away from them. I dont want to spend £1k on brakes if they are rubbish!

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned wilwood big brake kits....... All the Glanza owners I know with them love them :)

James

Glanza = Willwood

Starlet GTT = D2

No ideas why the split was always like this!!

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned wilwood big brake kits....... All the Glanza owners I know with them love them :)

James

importing them from the US tends to make em very pricey iirc

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitsProdFront.aspx?itemno=140-12874

$1700 + shipping + import tax + vat + profit 

which at a rough guess £1146.59 + £50 + £250 + shipping + dealer profit is gonna put them way up there in the £2000 area, Ap's work out cheaper not sure how comparable they are though.

I replied to your other post, I just got the new K-Sport 8pot forged brake kit fitted and is amazing!.

The problem is you do not get pads with the kit so be prepared to pay extra, I got Ferodo DS2500 pads and the kit works amazing.

Thanks I have opted for the D2's like I said on my previous post. The D2's work out same price (when you factor in K-Sport dont come with pads) and they have the dust seals which the K's dont.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks I have opted for the D2's like I said on my previous post. The D2's work out same price (when you factor in K-Sport dont come with pads) and they have the dust seals which the K's dont.

Did you get a full front and back kit?

--

I make Films and Website for people

I have spoken to a few people and they get the better reviews mainly because they have the dust seals plus they come with fast road pads as standard whereas the K Sports dont come with pads. I will let you know buddy, but likely be July before they are fitted.

I have spoken to a few people and they get the better reviews mainly because they have the dust seals plus they come with fast road pads as standard whereas the K Sports dont come with pads. I will let you know buddy, but likely be July before they are fitted.

Ok cool good to know, Yer I won't be doing it for a while been pricing up exhort and down pipes along with planning what cats I can forget to install after and so on.