New to subaru ownership

Hi all, my name is mikey I've been on the forum for a couple of months now but have just bought my first Subaru which I will be picking up on Saturday. It's a 2000my impreza turbo 2000 classic. I suppose as I'm new to the car I should ask some basics like what oil does it take, how much boost does it/can it safely run and just some general pointers of things I might need to do or get familiar with. Also if anybody could recommend any good websites to get performance parts from that would be handy. Thank you in advance and I can't wait to pick it up [emoji1]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club!

Regards to oil you could speak with oilman here on the forum they do deals and offer club discount on occassion. I've just bought some Miller's 10w40.

I had mine mapped a few weeks back and it's set to 1.3bar but it really depends on the condition of your engine.

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply. That sounds good I'll have to look into that and get in contact. As for my engine I have only been out in it once but the car appears to have a completely standard engine and it runs well with no smoke whatsoever. Obviously I will find out more when I get the car. Do most of the scooby a take 10w40 then or is that just because yours is modified?

yeah i will do it does seem quite friendly on here. And yes i will be uploading some pictures soon. Although its surprisingly standard, i mean it has a stainless steel cat back on it but apart from that it seems pretty standard to be honest. But thats not a bad thing for me because it means i can look foreword to making it the way i like it. By the way i am planning on doing a cam belt on it as soon as possible can this be done with the engine still in the car if i take the rad etc out?

• Like 1

No idea yet I have three months of warranty before I can touch anything but I think I want to focus on handling and fixing it up a bit before an engine mods. But before all of that it needs a new cambelt.