Hello to all

Nonturbotony

Just got a 2001 outback for a song, never owned anything like it before , had it about 10 days now , all looking good so far, a few bumper scuffs and both the inboard front driveshaft boots are split , eml is on but not affecting anything, so no too worried, great car for very little money.....Tony

post-4526-0-15819700-1433173480_thumb.jp

Hi welcome to the forum ...

Good news you bought an outback ...

Bad news, you need to get those probs fixed before MOT time, as both are failures ..

the boots are an easy fix, but you should get the source of the CEL sorted asap...

Mart

Hi welcome to the forum ...

Good news you bought an outback ...

Bad news, you need to get those probs fixed before MOT time, as both are failures ..

the boots are an easy fix, but you should get the source of the CEL sorted asap...

Mart

Today I plugged it up and cleared any codes,and put the E.M.L out, I'll just have to wait and see if it comes back on and what code is stored, It wasn't on when I bought the car ,it only came on after I steam cleaned the engine bay, so it's probably my fault

• 2 weeks later...

Been 10 days now and no sign of the E.M. L. coming back on, looks like it was my fault for steam cleaning under the bonnet.

Spoke too soon , The E.M.L. has raised it's head again, code 01 , can't find any ref. to it anywhere, at the same time the passenger side front window stopped working, after I erased the fault code the window started working again ....coincidence ???