Subaruuuuu!

Danpow

So I finally got my act together and bought myself a Subaru! 

Got myself a well looked after WRX Blobeye and its fair to say I am very pleased about it!

It's got the Prodrive Performance Package and gives me a satisfying 265bhp for now.

Looking to start the modifications of with a BOV, any suggestions on what to go for? I've heard a lot about the HKS SSQV but the price is heavy.

Also any pointers for cheap performance thrills are welcome! 

Thanks!

post-4505-0-03048000-1433359111_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Car looks lovely, welcome to the club!

There are a few BOV you can get, best thing to do is look at ScoobyWorld. Then look at youtube videos of ones you like the look of to see what they sound like, I'm swapping from a Bailey to the HKS this weekend hopefully, mainly because I fancy a change. If I like it the Bailey will be up for sale soon.

• Like 1

there are mixed opinions about BOV's, some like them, some don't

my blob had a forge fitted when I bought it and I thought it was fine. then I fitted a std recirc valve and the gear changes felt smoother/better

HKS (genuine ones) and forge are amongst the best ones

Welcome mate, I also have a ppp blobeye, have it about 3 months now and loving it, mine came with a atmospheric dump valve (think its a cheap 1) love the sound of it! Last weekend I got a standard bov of eBay to try it on to see how the car goes with it and I hated it, no difference in power, and i missed my whoosh! It was maybe a bit smooter through gear changes but not much. Stuck dump valve back on again the next day. If I had the spare £'s id buy a hks 1 ;-)

Thanks guys!

I'm going to shop around and find some audio samples when I finish work tonight, hopefully get myself a BOV for next week :D

What other mods have you guys done?

Welcome mate, I also have a ppp blobeye, have it about 3 months now and loving it, mine came with a atmospheric dump valve (think its a cheap 1) love the sound of it! Last weekend I got a standard bov of ebay to try it on to see how the car goes with it and I hated it, no difference in power, and i missed my whoosh! It was maybe a bit smoother through gear changes but not much. Stuck dump valve back on again the next day. If I had the spare £'s id buy a hks 1 ;-)

like you said, it doesn't make any difference to power, just a smoother change

I miss the noise, but prefer the smoother change

I would like to try a HKS one, but genuine ones are expensive

Yeah I had a gander yesterday at a few different ones and in the end I ordered myself a Forge VTA from scoobyworld :D

Hopefully it'll be here for this weekend!

• Like 1

Let me know how you get on with the BOV... I have a black blob WRX as well! Good choice... :D

Fitted it yesterday and i'm very pleased with it! sounds great when you give it some! :P 

I'll try and get a video this weekend and post the link on here for you all to see! :)

Fitted it yesterday and i'm very pleased with it! sounds great when you give it some! :P

I'll try and get a video this weekend and post the link on here for you all to see! :)

So no hesitation after gear changes or anything like that?? Gives me hope that I could just fit a VTA as opposed to plumping more cash on a hybrid one :D