Import questions

cornish6544

My classic impreza is an import from japan and shows up on all insurance websites and in the log book as a 2.0 na but i realized that this isn't the case and it appears to be a WRX , as it states on the log book its a 2.0 na what would happen if i did god forbid have an accident? 

Your fooked !

Mines down as a forester sport on the logbook but when I tried to insure it the 1st time everyone kept coming back saying it was a GL. I presume it's due to turbo fozzies not being available over here until 98/99 .

I did tell flux at the time that it was an s turbo and they quoted me accordingly when the docs turned up it was down as a gl again.

So being the honest person I am called them up and it cost me an extra 150 for the privilege but at least I was all above board.

Mines down as a GL despite being a WRX, saved about £2000 on insurance but mine doesnt even get used most days as i take the bus to work and dont go anywhere else lol, probably best declaring if youre guna tear about on the daily but ive never had an issue

Mines down as a GL despite being a WRX, saved about £2000 on insurance but mine doesnt even get used most days as i take the bus to work and dont go anywhere else lol, probably best declaring if youre guna tear about on the daily but ive never had an issue

Get it sorted. police arn't stupid and when you get caught, not if, you'll get hit for driving without insurance, car will be towd, insurance price will skyrocket and you will get a criminal record.

my '94 WRX i had about 13 years ago came up as a 1.8GL too - i put it down to someone in the DVLA making an error or previous owner being fly. The logbook stated what the car was correctly though so was just a matter of explaining to insurance company the correct model and going from there. Would've been nice to have only paid the premium for the 1.8GL but it's best to be legal!!!