Vf35 slow spooling

ChrisD

Hello everyone. I have the following set up...

2.0 turbo blob impreza 2003 wrx, full 2.5" decat and straight pipe (up pipe is standard with cat drilled out) then I have the standard top mount intercooler, pink injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump, vta dump valve and then vf35 turbo . Been remapped also.

Getting 315 hp which I'm a bit disappointed with but the worst part is Its taking 4250 revs to spool up so in my head it feels slower unless I rev the knackers off it then you have less pulling time in each gear.

I recently added the vf35 from td04 which spooled at 3k with the cat in the up pipe, was running 266bhp before pinks vf35 and up pipe cat taken out.

Please help. Lot of money to spend to be disappointed with results :(

I have a friend with the exact same issue. He is making 324hp but turbo doesn't peak until 5k rpm.

Did you have it mapped after fitting the turbo? From my research the vf35 is supposedly one of the quickest spoolers in the vf range.

Sorry I can't give you any advice towards the problem but you're not alone.

Should have stuck with the o4 if you wanted low end,dunno what ghost's comes in at but Duncan set mine up to start boosting at 2100 hitting max at 3.5k it does tail off after that and runs out f puff over 5k but, i'm easily doing 90+ between 3.5-5k in 5th

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Do you have any other supporting mods ? (Panel filter ,3 port ect)

What brand of upipe did you fit and what bar does it peak at ?

Although the tdo4 is smaller and therfore spools quickly i would have thought the 35 would hit 1.2 bar of boost by at least 4k ish .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Should have stuck with the o4 if you wanted low end,dunno what ghost's comes in at but Duncan set mine up to start boosting at 2100 hitting max at 3.5k it does tail off after that and runs out f puff over 5k but, i'm easily doing 90+ between 3.5-5k in 5th

Comes in about 2k peaks 3.3-3.4k but watching the gauge it varies sometimes. It does tail off around 5k. Much more usable power range.

I almost went for the larger turbo (05/vf35) but after seeing the lag first hand I decided against it.

It is the standard up pipe from the wrx and the cat has been drilled, removed and cleaned out, I have the high flow panel filter but not the 3 port. Was mapped after all the work was done

I see 1.2 and cuts around 1.3 we fed in more boost but it wasn't doing much to the figures so he wound it back. That graph's not too great and various people said that there rollers read low on hp and torque depending on who you speak to ! so I'll get it on a power run, a nackerd wheel bearing and sticky brakes may not of helped haha

Yeah mate I probably will this year, just hope my brakes come back ok. Wish I'd just gone bigger wheels now a couple of months back wouldn't be having this problem !

The pictures I sent are with vf35, the mapper said my turbo seems to spool slow but didn't explain. He asked what up pipe I had then when I told him said it should be fine

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The plastic one is quite restrictive, if you change it for a sillicone pipe it will spool a bit quicker, some say 500 rpm earlier, plus it will make the removal and installation of the cooler easier

Not sure, my understanding is that the wrx wasn't much slower compared to the sti so they put the cat in yo restrict it really, I can't see them making two completely different pipes

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk