Just joined the club

Hello all,

I have just purchased my first subaru, a blobeye impreza wrx, just wanted to say hello, and also ask a question I am positive you get asked all the time, but the only thing (for now) I am wanting to do with it is to put a high level sti style spoiler on instead of the wrx one. I havent looked at breakers around yorkshire yet, and I have had a look on eBay, but I am not sure if they have the genuine sti fitments which would mean I would need to swap boot lid or drill holes, could any one send links to any that would fit straight into the wrx holes?

• Like 1

Hi mate welcome, get stuck in and feel free to post up some pics, not sure about the spoiler but if your aftwr a 'copy' creative auto in leeds opposite the prison do them

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

hi mate

welcome to the club

my last blob had an aftermarket spoiler fitted, it just used the existing holes and loads of tiger seal.

be careful with quality of copies, most are fibreglass and hollow, they flex more and this can cause cracking and thus water ingress. also, most don't have 3rd brake light

and make sure you get the correct style for your year, should have the vertical back, not slanty

Hello all,

I have just purchased my first subaru, a blobeye impreza wrx, just wanted to say hello, and also ask a question I am positive you get asked all the time, but the only thing (for now) I am wanting to do with it is to put a high level sti style spoiler on instead of the wrx one. I havent looked at breakers around yorkshire yet, and I have had a look on ebay, but I am not sure if they have the genuine sti fitments which would mean I would need to swap boot lid or drill holes, could any one send links to any that would fit straight into the wrx holes?

Hi! + Good choice  :D

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

As said before jump right on in great bunch on here even Tidgy is alright I guess the console hater ;) 

But as said before will need and STI replica, one that comes with four bolts.

But drilling the lid isn't to bad either. Some wallpaper or long and wide enough paper. Place it up to the sti spoiler and push through the studs. Can also draw around the spoiler and cut it out just remember that one side is going to be the makeshift top of the boot lid if  you like easier way to put it. You then offer it up tape it down. You can then use the holes to either mark with pen or just drill. biggest thing to worry about is making sure you get it more center and not more one sided :) 

• Like 1