newby from portsmouth

hi everybody after months of searching im very happy to say ive just got back from high whycome after putting my deposit down on a 2009 330s hatch totaly new to scoobys love the hatch shape tho anything i need to know as scoobys are totaly alien to me... i dont even know the engin codes for scoobs .. ive had 350z and a stage 3 vxr astra previous so im no stranger to a performance car or even turbo cars ..any advice would b3e much appreciated

Hi mate Welcome to S.O.C

I think it's better to say just enjoy the smile you will get from it :D I wouldn't think there will be anything to look out for at this stage if it's been well serviced to be fair. But Scooby Pete and Jay both Hatch back owners so be better for me to let them reply :) 

Welcome to the forum, only thing to bear in mind with the impreza engines is servicing, every 5k or 6months, use quality oil rather than cheaper stuff, millers oil is what a lot of high performance guys use, other than that not much else to say really, apart from, learn the limits of the handling in ALL conditions, first time I drove mine in icy weather and I floored it coming out of a corner and drifted nearly a quarter mile with the !Removed! end in oncoming traffic, sounds funny but I was inches from the oncoming car when I got it back under control lol

As long as you do the normal checks when buying a car you shouldnt have any Problems, just make sure it has a full service history.

I'm keeping mine standard, but you can do all the usual such as De-cats, Induction kits, dump Valves ect just bear in mind any power mods will require a remap. If the car has had a remap in the past this should save you the cost of the license to remap the ECU.

• Like 1