SIMPLY JAPANESE: Sunday 2 August Sign up

Gambit

Just to keep everyone updates on this might be with UKlegacy on their stand to keep good numbers going they have about 4 going so might sneak us on with them if they get back to me lol.  

Ok I'm booking the stand tomorrow for us I will try see if they will put us next to Uklegacy stand to bulk both stands up. So if you want to go best let me know and get your tickets booked for it or pay on the gate :) 

It failed the MOT- nothing too major, a rear ARB link had snapped, which is probably what was causing my interesting steering and a CV boot had split. 

What I hadn't bargained on was the garage blokey coming back from the MOT centre saying "Sounds like your big end's gone on number 3 mate" This was most likely caused, as Savage said, by the overheating from the water pump not working. 

I'm now going to be the proud owner of an STI ej20 short block, from one of his old rally cars that ended up split in half by a tree, to pop my heads on to over the next few weeks. Which, as I'm sure you know, has forged pistons and is capable of holding up to 350bhp (Much more than my car will ever make) so I'll have a nice bit of cushioning and hopefully won't destroy another bearing. 

Bit of a pain, but onwards and upwards, as they say!

Another kick in the goolies and a lot more money thrown at it, but I'm secretly quite excited by it all. 

• Like 1

In all honesty, I'm actually pretty excited about it all  :lol:. If I wasn't spending all my money fixing the car, I'd only be spending money improving it. 

Although I can't take all the credit, my stepdad is the true mechanic, I just throw the money at it, but I've had a pretty steep learning curve recently. And without the forum we probably wouldn't haven't been able to get to the point we have. 

Despite all the agro I probably love the car even more for it! I still wouldn't change it for anything...

Even a working one!

• Like 1

In all honesty, I'm actually pretty excited about it all  :lol:. If I wasn't spending all my money fixing the car, I'd only be spending money improving it. 

Although I can't take all the credit, my stepdad is the true mechanic, I just throw the money at it, but I've had a pretty steep learning curve recently. And without the forum we probably wouldn't haven't been able to get to the point we have. 

Despite all the agro I probably love the car even more for it! I still wouldn't change it for anything...

Even a working one!

Haha I'm like that exactly :D Hate my car sometimes but like a naughty dog I love it still :D 

• Like 1

I'll be coming along to this. Checked out the museum once before, tho it was ages ago. Nice place to kill a few hours, definitely worth a look. I'll see if I can get a couple more scoobs to come across from west London. Cheers chaps.

• Like 1