Anyone put an oil temp sensor in the sump ?

stants

their was a sandwich plate on my blobeye and that never leaked,i personally didn't fit it,can tell you it had four conections you can add more stuff if needed like a oil cooler,just make sure you put some ptf tape on the thread of what you connect and sould be fine.their about £10 of eBay,am going to get 1 for my hatch when i fit gauges to it.

Sandwich plates do give you a accurate reading of the oil temp but it's after the oils been through the oil cooler ,as long as you bear that in mind when comparing running temps , it will work and give a trouble free reading if fitted correctly bud

Subaru fit a bung over cylinder number 3 as the oil is at its hottest there.

number 3 gets the most heat soak positioned at the back under the turbo and is at the end of the "series type" fuel flow (last in the line)

so runs lean if the fuel pressure drops and the reason people do a parallel fuel rail mod when chasing ponies

• Like 1

I've the op in that spot at the mo Clive but I'll need to remove the 'extended line' I can't remember what size the brass plug is and if it will accept the sensor with out any modification, I'll have to dig out the paperwork and see,

I thought if I stuffed it directly in the sump it would give me a 'true' reading of temps ?

I only put the pressure above no 3 as I thought that will give me more advanced reading of starvation at the back of the block ? And to be honest I wasn't that confident of rotating the alternator , it was one of the 1st things I did when I got her and was still very green !

It's one of the things on the list of 'possible things to throw money at'

[emoji51]

I have the oil pressure sender in the block under the alternator and temp in the cylinder number 3 bung .

I used this link to get a idea of what to do

http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/forums/forum/technical/technical-help/38315-how-to-fit-your-oil-temperature-and-oil-pressure-senders-when-installing-gauges

• Like 1

Cheers fella !

Like I say it's a toss up between some more gauges etc or re bushing the back end

looks like the bleed has cured my clutch woes, the fluid must have degraded that much it was allowing the clutch to bind ever so slightly, which in turn has made it run quieter ☺