My Little Helper

BoozyDave

my youngest son is 7 and he always wants to help me when I'm doing DIY
Last month I was re-felting the shed roof and guess what? yep, he was up there with me and he was using the blow torch to torch it on
11143419_10205781477549624_4363463086355

• Like 1

He loves helping me with anything, he has helped me make some brackets to hold my intercooler water spray jets, and I took my wipers off, he rubbed them down and sprayed them too. he even noticed to washer bottle was a bit dirty inside and said I should wash it in the sink :lol:

when he was 3, I knocked my kitchen through he was helping me with stuff, knocking bricks out, carrying them to the skip. When I was doing the plumbing he wanted to cut the copper pipe for me, so I showed him how to use a pipe slice, then he even put the flux on and used the blow torch to sweat some fittings up.

• Like 1

while out at the car earlier he explained to me how to change a shocker, jack up, wheel off, undo bolts, lift up 'hood' and undo bolts at top. I said 'why did you call it hood?' he said there's a game he wants for the laptop and he's been watching it on youtube and that's what the lad calls it. I asked what it was called - 'car mechanic simulator'

• Like 2

My 10 yr old daughter helped a bit with lapping the valves in when I was resembling the heads and passes me tools when I'm under the car but I wouldn't let her loose with a blow lamp .

Cos she'd probably cook the dog or set fire to the grumpy neighbours fence when I turned my back lol

• Like 2