Hello, new to the group and after some advice please?

Adnam100

Hi,

I recently bought myself a classic impreza. Its a 1996 2.0L turbo and its an import model. It is 1 of a 1000 to commemerate Colin McRae winning his championship in 1995.

I have found out a have a leaking shocker and have decided to get a brand new full set for the car. Im happy to spend around £700 on a set and if possible from a good brand.

The question that i have is what is better to use normal or coilovers?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thankis Adam

It depends on what you intend on using the car for and personal preference Imo

I know a few people like to "stance" their scoobs with the belly on the ground on coilovers

Or if you intend on doing a few track days then coilovers are probably the best option as they offer a wider range of adjustment to suit the track and your driving style .

For fast road use I've gone for standard kyb shocks , group n top mounts, Elbaich camber bolts and Elbaich pro springs which are progressive rate. The springs stiffen up under load in the corners but are more forgiving in a straight line (pothole friendly ) they also lower the UK /wrx by 30 mm

As for which type of coilovers (if you chose that route) your better off having a google to make a informed choice as there's pros n cons with most brands and loads of feedback from people who actually run coilovers on their gc8's

• Like 2

Hi,

Cheers for the advice.

Il be using it as an everday road car for now so il probably stick to just standard. i wouldnt mind lowering it a little bit just to make it look abit meaner aswell :)

il have too have a shop around to find the right ones at the right price.

Thanks again.

Thanks,

Il have a look at them now. What sort of quality do you get from pedders?

Cheers Adam

I've got a set of foz specific ones that have been on just over a year, good quality good customer service and a 2 year warranty over all I wanted a slight drop and comfort, so went for them instead of coil overs