Problems with your Subaru

Hi owners club, 

I've been a member for a while now and own an 05 Legacy.

I am a final year design student at the University of Huddersfield and I am researching problems faced by the motoring community. These problems could be anything but I am specifically looking for problems that could be solved through design, this could be a totally new product or a redesign of an existing one. But if not, post the problem anyway. 

I'd love to hear about what you want fixing, producing or inventing! 

Thanks,

James

Disclaimer: By choosing to reply to this thread you are agreeing for me to confidentially use the data in my project.

Decent access is needed to change side lights without having to remove the front bumper and light cluster

Major design flaw by Subaru !

2008 Impreza RX hatch

James

thats a good one, seems to be more and more common. right money maker for dealers, £3 bulb cost £30-50 to replace cos of the labour involved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James! I like the premise of your study. So many remedies could be avoided if the basic spec. and design were thought through. A good example is the failure of a component on our 2008 Forester 2.5 XT.  A lovely car and one which we have thoroughly enjoyed. That is, and this I think, is appropriate to your research, the "secondary air valve" needed replacing at a hefty price over £1200, at a modest mileage of 50k. Because of condensation at start-up the metal components corroded, setting off the Blackpool illuminations on the dash. So my contention is that the material used should have been anti-corrosive or was this not even considered at the design stage ? There has been significant numbers with this fault, especially in USA due to the greater sales volume. Trust this is of interest and if there is anything further I can add please contact me. All the best with your project. My email: stivvy39@gmail.com