why are my breaks doing this?

ChrisD

Yes wrx. And that sounds expensive. I don't really have the money spare for much. Just want them fixed to a state they don't warp my disks and shake

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Can get a Brembo kit for sub 400 if you look about

I'm just going for the Godspeed kit with updated standard calipers and bigger discs

just need to be carefull its right fitment. but also the subaru brembos have a really crap offset so may mean wheels or spacers needed as well

I have the 17" team dynamic 1.2 I think they are. There seems a fair bit of space in them

don't assume chap, don't wanna see you spend a few hundred on the brembo's and then find they wont go on.

• Like 1

At the min there is like a 2 inch gap

afraid its not that simple mate, my old classic wheels had plenty of gap but still didn't fit.  know anyone with a 01-04 sti you could just quick try a wheel on?

• Like 1

+ 1 for googling if your wheels clear brembos

as my old 4 pots had stacks of room under my 17" rota boosts but due to the curved shape of the spokes, once I fitted the brembos and bigger dia discs I had to run 3 mm spacers to give enough clearance .

What pads are you running, same brand as before you had the discs skimmed?

If you do go for brembos either buy from a trusted breaker or make sure you ask the seller if the mounting threads/ bolts are good as well as overall condition

As they do tend to strip the threads in the calipers ,cos their made from ally. You can get the threads repaired (hellicoiled) but it normally costs around £100 for the set

i changed to brembos because grooves on the inside faces of my old 4 pot discs used to fill with brake dust and cause "warped disc" symptoms . I just assumed that I was pushing the brakes limits heat wise and the outer faces stayed cooler .

• Like 1