Vw group scandal

quit

Shouldn't change tax bracket as its the nitrogen emission

depends what they do, the nitrogen emission was high to reduce co2.

other companies use urea injection (a small tank that does need filling now and again) to reduce the emissions, the VW engine didn't have that. Ironicly saved em £300 per unit (per engine), given there now talking billions in costs i suspect that may prove a costly way to try to get a bit more profit.

Not sure how it will work tbh.

Def depends on court case that. If they change the map (easiest way round it) and it drops the power or mpg you could argue that it isn't within the specs you were told at the time of purchase. How ever given the time frame is it reasonable for them to give you a full refund?

may find they offer compensation based on vehicles age, mileage etc

Anyone on PCP might be within their rights to return the vehicle and end the agreement without penalty.

Looks like compo is coming but at what value no one knows

To me I just want a good price px for a newer model , reading up looks like they need car for a few days for new injectors / ecu and maybe cat

where did 

Looks like compo is coming but at what value no one knows

To me I just want a good price px for a newer model , reading up looks like they need car for a few days for new injectors / ecu and maybe cat

where did you hear that dude?

From what I have read they can not force people to have the update on the car you will still pass mot as the car will keep cheating. But looks like there will be a payout to owners who get it fixed as comp for the car being worse than it was sold. I am sure you could also demand a refund if you got the car from vw new. Not sure how it would work sold secondhand as it was the seller not vw making clames.

It's all very confusing.

Have also seen most other diesels are effected in other ways not cheating as bad as vw but they all have been designed to read better under testing than they do on the road.

Looks like Subarus with decats for all.

--

I make Films for businesses and people. I also make websites.

I think it will be mandatory in some countries but not all. I still see Navaras driving around on dangerous alloy wheels that where recalled years ago. If they dont make a safety recall mandatory I dont think an emission one will be.

I really can't see the problem, if it wasn't for some interfering busybodies in a lab this would have gone un noticed, realistically who honestly thinks vw are the only ones to have either found out a way round emmissions testing or massaged their figures?, no one in the real world ever gets near the combined cycle figures quoted, and at the end of the day we all know some way of cheating a test be it maths at school or something else

Should just draw a line in the sand say sorry dish out some compo to those who kick up a fuss etc and pay off the good old us of a !

True, didn't know if you paid or pool car or other arrangement, if it had been in slightly different tax bracket would you have made same choice or would you have gone onto a different brand ? Is it on the octavia ? Or do you have another vag product?

I don't actually pay to use my work vehicle privately, tax etc but I have the option of 'borrowing' it when needed as insured for sdp somehow on group policy

Just curious as obviously will damage wv's rep but I can't see it being their downfall, unless the us supreme Court decides to destroy them,

I wasn't intending to have a pop at anyone but at the end of the day there are plenty of owners of different marque's that 'bend the rules' it's just on a massive scale,

Yeah I pay about 160 a month for a octavia company car to use for private use

It was a pool at like my old mondeo but we had a inland revenue inspection and they asked why we had so many pool cars !

• Like 1