Thinking of selling 2003 WRX

Phila67

2003 WRX. 57000 miles. Just had full service including all oils (millers) and filters. Cambelt and excedy clutch at 48000. mapped to 277bhp with printout, part decat exhaust (one cat still on). Intercooler Silicon hoses. Recent new tyres, discs and brakes. Braces front and back. Genuine sti scoop and spoiler. Genuine gold sti wheels in fantastic condition. Quality Mudflaps, WRX seat covers. Few tiny stone chips hardly noticeable to bonnet. Immaculate inside. Full service history, 2 keys, original wallet, cat 1 alarm with keypad and motion sensors. Looking for offers over 5k. I paid £5800 in April but need a quick sale as I've seen another scooby I am interested in. Runs and sounds spot on. Pulls like a train. No funny knocks or bangs. Maintained regardless of cost. No rust or rot. Still has original underseal.

post-4160-144646722715_thumb.jpgpost-4160-144646725427_thumb.jpgpost-4160-144646728922_thumb.jpgpost-4160-144646733255_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

very different cars tbh. P1 is closer to the turbo 2k due to having more niceties than the the type r. Type r is a much raw ride given the lack of sound deadening, shorter ratio box and is more tail happy due to the dccd. I've had a turbo 2k which i took from nigh on standard to a 340bhp fully moded car bar the main engine and currently got a type r, but i went via a M3 and a 400bhp hawk wrx hahaha.

Personally i'd want a type R, but given the P1 is a special edition i can see the appeal for one of them as well.

I do know a p1 thats just had a full respray and engine build that's up for 12k which is middle of the p1 price range but given the condition the one i'd go for if i wanted a p1 given it's mint.

very different cars tbh. P1 is closer to the turbo 2k due to having more niceties than the the type r. Type r is a much raw ride given the lack of sound deadening, shorter ratio box and is more tail happy due to the dccd. I've had a turbo 2k which i took from nigh on standard to a 340bhp fully moded car bar the main engine and currently got a type r, but i went via a M3 and a 400bhp hawk wrx hahaha.

Personally i'd want a type R, but given the P1 is a special edition i can see the appeal for one of them as well.

I do know a p1 thats just had a full respray and engine build that's up for 12k which is middle of the p1 price range but given the condition the one i'd go for if i wanted a p1 given it's mint.

i want a p1 but prices going scary! i was offered a insurance damaged Cat C a little while ago 

Have you driven /been in a classic?

If not It's probably best to try before you buy to see if you like the rawness compared to the refinement of a newage

I'd want that uk to have been dry stored and have no rust anywhere (especially rear arches and suspension turrets) for that money .As any 15yr old uk car will tend to suffer from tin worm due to the amount of salt chucked on our roads [emoji57]

I haven't kept a eye on prices but I'd imagine that £5k would buy a reasonably fresh imported standard classic with better spec and no rust .

I am not keen on the classic as daily drive. I had been using mine as the daily driver and although fun it lacks comfort and refinement for anything but short journeys. I did know this to start with but not quite to the level after spending a few hours in one. For the occasional blast it is great though.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm fairly new to scoobies (although spent 15 years wanting one). I love my Newage but have always had a soft spot for the classic shape. All were either out of my price range, modded to the nads or massively high mileage when I bought mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk