SUBARU Registration For Sale KC06 WRX

Skoobadoo15

There was a wrx plate up for £450 ish on here a while back but they are difficult to value as private plates mean more to certain people ie

If Kevin Curtis drives a 06 wrx he'll probably bite your arm off .

Have you looked on any reg plate sellers websites to find a comparison

• Like 3

Yes a couple of places value it at between 1500 and 2000. It doesn't mean anything to me and so with Christmas coming I just thought I'd see if I could peak anyone's interest. You don't happen to know a Kevin Curtis or a Karl Courtney do you?

• Like 2

I was offerred £3000 . 00  for the plate on my Outback : 50 70 MX.   I tuned it down   one of the Motor-Cross guys reckoned it was worth at least £5000 . 00   I guess a number plate is only worth what someone will pay for it? 

As previous it really does depend on finding someone that it is specific to.   The WRX part is not worth that much and its a 'standard plate' that will be limited to 2006 cars or newer.  People with newer versions might not want their car to appear older.  

This is an example of a WRX plate open to most WRX owners for £500.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-0-WRX-Private-Number-Plate-On-Retention-Bmw-M3-Subaru-Impreza-Wrx-/291609459825?hash=item43e5473c71:g:894AAOSwFnFWFAtv

I think unfortunately you are looking for an 06 WRX owner and a substantially reduced price to get it sold anytime soonish.  The KC would need to be relevant too if you are going to get close to £2K.

Yes is pretty easy :) .  Would the reg be on retention or on vehicle?  If on retention then you fill in the certificate you have with the cars details etc.  If on vehicle then its a V317 you can print off from web or get from a decent post office.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/409911/V317_211114.pdf

Once I got it back within 3 working days!!  Last time was a week which is not bad at all I thought.

I was offerred £3000 . 00  for the plate on my Outback : 50 70 MX.   I tuned it down   one of the Motor-Cross guys reckoned it was worth at least £5000 . 00   I guess a number plate is only worth what someone will pay for it? 

Its def true its only worth what someone will pay for it - yours is a plate that doesnt have an age related indicator on it plus the MX designator so could appeal to a wider customer - chap at Cradley Heath Kawasaki has the plate KX 250 means nothing to the majority of people but to some they would pay quite a bit for it - The plate for sale is, as previously higlighted going to appeal to Kelvin Cuthbertson who owns a WRX same age or newer than 06 year (as you cannot have it on an older car)

Thanks Geoff & Jay,  for the information and link.   I'm not going to sell the car or registration..   But it's nice to know how it's done ; if ever I decide to sell either of them,

Regards

Moss