tires

Hi just looking for some info we spent a small fortune about 7 months ago on tires on the other hafs car. But we're now getting rid and it's not even dun 2000 miles on them.

Were as the ones on mime are new  but buget her are mitchelin pilot sport's 3 225/45 zr17  were as mine are

205/45 zr17 would it be a straight forward swap I apologise in advance if this question sounds stupid 

Hi quick question we spent a small fortune about 7 months ago on tires on my other half car witch we are now selling they have not even dun 2000 I reckon 

Were as mine are new but buget ones her are mitchelin pilot sport's 3 225/45 zr17 and mine are 205 /45 zr17 would this be a simple and straight forward swap any help on this would be grate thank you 

Should be a straight swop however dependant on your wheel width you may feel a little bit of lateral movement when cornering with the tyre wall not being upright if the tyre is wider than the wheel. I felt it going from 205's to 235's a few years back

Hi thanks ye I'm just starting to get to grip with these tires number I think 235 that's a nice wide tire what did it do to the handling. Iv been told it slows down excelration but is better for top speed don't know if there any truth in that tho 

Thanks for all the advice guy's I change tires today form 205/45 zr17 to 225/45 zr17 and ye you can tell the difference not had a big run out but the ride home about 25 mins from the tire place and the last 5 mins down back lans and so far so good so thanks again 

On 1/22/2016 at 9:17 AM, Darren220283 said:

Hi thanks ye I'm just starting to get to grip with these tires number I think 235 that's a nice wide tire what did it do to the handling. Iv been told it slows down excelration but is better for top speed don't know if there any truth in that tho 

This would only relate to total rolling diameter and the affect is has on gearing. 

On 1/22/2016 at 9:17 AM, Darren220283 said:

This would only relate to total rolling diameter and the affect is has on gearing.