Apexi fc commander relocation?

So got my 1998 STI but it has a apexi ecu fitted, really not fussed about having it but has anyone relocated the box mounted on the dash say into the glove box?

Want to clean up the interior a bit might also try remove the boost gauge, any genuine pros of having a boost gauge fitted? 

Hmmm will have to look into that, it'd be nice to be able to turn it off when I want as at the moment I have to wait for like a minute which is a pain if I take an easy little drive for petrol or to the shops 😂

Boost gauges do serve a purpose (other than just looking good ) as if you get a sudden lack of power you can see if it's still making positive boost (to rule out a boost leak). imo there's much more important things to keep a eye on afr ,knock, oil pressure ect .

But Unless your mapper has set the knock ,air flow and boost warnings up, so it flashes the eml light if you exceed your maps parameters, I'd keep the controller in view.

you can change what the hand controller displays in the "monitor" section .

I've currently got mine showing injector induity and knock ,so after a bit of fun down a slip lane I can check the peak values and know that it's still running ok .

But I've also got a avcr boost controller and 4 in 1 gauge as I like to know what's happening "live" whilst driving [emoji6]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1