Cooling system problem on my hatch

Hi guys can anyone tell me why my car is gettin sludgefillin radiator up.its had a new rad on it and a coolint system flush before rad was fitted.now it just fills with brown sludge and no collant left in system.this is happening after drivin about 20miles

45de00eee0d2daa36ae9af45037eab01.jpg

48b58e0e98978ea3d519de6c2c4ae47e.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Why was the rad replaced?  Where you getting overheating issues before?

That happening in such a short space of time it not good and you may have a head gasket failure.  You can get sludge with certain types of coolant, so fist point of call is thoroughly flush and refill.  Monitor closely and hope its just the type of coolant.

Check your oil on dipstick and filler cap.

No other symptoms? 

i replaced rad becouse i snap't the drain plug off when i fitted my silicone hose's :bangin:,not sure what flush it was now its been a while and got rid of bottle got it from local motorist discount shop,just been out again and all coolant is in over flow bottle and rad full dry sludge which smells burned,theirs no sign of oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil,i will give the system another good clean out and see how it is,if still same looks like its going to sss to see what he thinks it is and hope its not major :sad:

If you had no overheating problems or loose of coolant before you replaces radiator and hoses this would point to one of three things or combination of all three.

Radiator, silicone hoses, coolant type.

I use Halfords OAT 5 year pink readymix coolant and never had issues with silicone hoses or radiators.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just use the hosepipe, and put about 40l of water through the system from top hose then I just re connect the hoses fill up with water run till warm and going through system, drain and repeat. I kmow it's not the best as not distilled water but not had an issues yet

• Like 1

I'm also fiitin my water temp gauge at same time,i have 1 of them addaptor that you cut top rad hose but didnt wana do that.is their somewere on engine to mount sensor.thing someone told me before theirs a spare bung over number 3 cilinder.

thanks,sorted it now,i did use the housing for the hose was easy and works great,hopefully the old boy will be back to full health now,found the water pipe to the turbo was leaking,new clip on sorted that so sould not loose any fluid now,spent most the day flushing the system out,water was crystal clear when done,so will keep a eye on it over next couple days but fingers crossed will be ok,oil change in morning and he sould get a full clean bill of health again :smile: thanks for all help and advice guys :wink:

:sad: well car still on the sick.Can leave the car ticking over all day and temp gauges stay perfect but bit white smoke and water coming from exhausts,rev it and get more white smoke but coolant level stays same,go for a drive dont see any smoke and temp stays normal,come home open bonnet and overflow tank is over flowing,heater gone flat cold,will this be a head gasket problem,when i drained coolant their was no sign of any oil in it and when i drained oil this morning their was no coolant in the oil.i read on  a site someone with same problem overflow fillin and overflowing and was told it was turbo problem,any advice guys :unsure:

well verdict from the garage is the head gasket is shot,like you said @Scoobyghostit is filling up with exhaust gas and blowing coolant out the over flow,and to top my day of i was coming back went threw some road works were resurfacing road and manhole covers were high up,had to drive over them so went slow but still broke my lip spoiler in half,happy days :cry: 

20160227_133253_HDR.jpg

Its not lowered steve n thats barnsley council for yeah,their fook wits.jay i have a build thread just means am changin order of stuff.was goin be brakes n suspension next but now its head gasket [emoji22]