New to this

Deanytypera

Hi guys new to this I have been restoring a Subaru Impreza type ra 1996 model car won't start car is injecting and sparking and turning over ok timing all ok engine was running out of doner car and was ran up to temperature I'm getting fuel spark but just won't fire

Hi n welcome to s.o.c

Always glad to hear someone restoring a classic, rather than scrapping one [emoji106]

If you've definitely got spark ,fuel ,correct timing marks and compression it does sound like a electrical timing issue .

Is it a v2 or v3 ? (96 is a Change over year)

Was the donor engine out of a uk or jdm ?

I've never had any issues with a jdm to uk swap but I have always used the engine loom and sensors from the type of car rather than the type of engine .

I have heard that when doing uk to jdm swaps that the cam and crank sensor pins are different from uk to jdm .hence why I've always used the sensors from the car rather than from the engine I'm fitting.

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 3

Hi guys new to this I have been restoring a Subaru Impreza type ra 1996 model car won't start car is injecting and sparking and turning over ok timing all ok engine was running out of doner car and was ran up to temperature I'm getting fuel spark but just won't fire

What ecu is inside

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk