Central heating

stants

Anyone good with central heating problems ?

Basically moved in and heating was crap, so bled everything now at least the rads get hot all over, except the two in the lounge/hall

I've read about valve balancing so am in the process of trying that, ball ache doesn't describe it,

I've closed off all the good radiators opened the cold ones and I get equal heat now on those,

So I'm in process of opening up the other radiators a 1/4 of a turn at a time, they all get hot but the two original ones go stone cold at the bottom [emoji35]

Am I doing something wrong any pointers etc would be greatly appriciated

Silly questions but a) has the system been bled? B) is the boiler big enough for all the rads? C) are the valves sticking? Had something similar at home and it took a few taps of the hammer to get the valve to open properly! What sort of boiler is it and how many rads do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1st thing I did was bleed system, it's a heatline monza 24 with 7 rads, only 12months old as previous owner had it installed,

I'm getting there just a very slow process, all rads are 90% hot so it's just a case of tweaking the valves little by little, gonna sack it off for tonight 2 and a bit hours after work wasn't my plan haha

Haha that fills me with confidence ! Ah well if it goes it goes, she gets new boiler I get some car goodies

[emoji51]

Come down this morning and everythings toasty warm so I'm just gonna keep am eye on it and adjust accordingly if necessary

If your radiators are cold at the bottom but hot at the top, no doubt caused by a build up of crap (corrosion etc), system would ideally need flushed or worst case scenario, each radiator taken outside and properly rinsed out! This had to be done in my old house... was a nightmare! When the plumber drained the system you would think my heating system was filled with oil it was that black! After a good clean out, water was crystal clear and every part of my radiator was hot... happy days!

yup may end up in a system flush :mellow: as Sandals points out you will  probably be flushing out black s*** had the power washer hooked up to all my old rads in last place, was worth it but surprising how much crap builds up in a closed loop system

Cheers chaps, nipped home at dinner, to have a check (misses doesn't work fridays) so heating has been on all day and everything is as should be, so it was just a valve balancing issue, not fun at all to do but glad I didn't have to take it all apart, shame the chimney is a different matter altogether [emoji22]

• 3 weeks later...