South east convoy to japfest!

Scoobyghost

As a lot of us are travelling up to this, it's gonna be an awesome show. I'm suggesting we stage a few meet points along the way and end up with a nice convoy coming into silverstone.

If we can start with where you are and what day you're going to japfest eventually we will end up with meet locations and times.

I'm at bluewater/dartford crossing so a good hot-spot for a fair few members to pass through. No matter how we do it it will bean early start to allow for travel and further stops along the way.

Any help greatly appreciated[emoji5]

• Like 2

Excellent.

Im fairly close at Tring so have easy access to M25 and M1.

South Mimms Services which is Jct23 M25, strikes me as a good point.  Not long after that you will be getting on the M1.  When you get on to the M1 you have Toddington Services. 

Not sure what time we want to get to track?  Toddington Services is approx. 50mins - 1hr from the track :kicking:.   

I can realistically be at either of above but Toddington would make more sense if others want to meet after South Mimms.

Toddington is a good service to meet. We used it for japshow last year.

A few ideas I had for stop offs would be pease pottage for those south of me. Somewhere before the dartford tunnel for an obligatory tunnel run. Bluewater is an option but car park are quite confusing. Then we could stop at toddington as a last stop before silver stone. Each stop will be 10-15 minutes so need to factor that in to travel time.

It's a rough 2hr journey from the crossing and an hour to toddington. I'm gonna offer up a time if 6am for the dartford crossing meet. Would mean 7:15 at toddington and arrive roughly 8:30 at silverstone. If any will be at pease pottage they'd need to leave at 5:15.

All of these are still ideas but the more we get the quicker we can get it set in stone 😄

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ahhhh bugger, I'm staying up on the Saturday....taking a cruise up the day before, if anyone is going up on the Saturday give me a shout I'll be coming up from Arundel West Sussex way, but happy to cruise back with you guys after the show :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to be leaving Greenhithe at 5:45am and head up to roadchef Northampton, hoping to arrive there for 7:30am. Wasn't as much interest for a convoy as I thought there would be. Geoff, we will still be passing toddington services at roughly 7am so could still meet there. I'm meeting Stants at roadchef.

Early doors for everyone ! Who's idea was it to meet at 8 ?

Does anyone know what time the gates actually open?

I can't open the final attachment for details just comes up with a load of script