Diesel additive anyone?

marcothio

Use it in my merc van - was using BG stuff for a while, worked great then I stopped when my supplier moved, 18 months in and limp mode was there every trip. Am now using Nitro+ or BP alternative plus a lucas additive, it is almost back to normal. Think the Merc will be cycling more crud than your newer XV but I would do it at least once a year if using branded fuel throughout the rest of the year.

Will be trying the Torco product as well in future

I use only Shell fuel, never used any additives, shouldn't need to unless you use supermarket fuels. I used Shell super for a while but I found it made everything a bit twitchy, it became quite hard to drive and I didn't seem to get any extra power so returned back to normal diesel and it has been fine since.

Most important thing is to make sure you force a DPF regen every now me then 10-15 mins t 50mph in 3rd will do it. This is the most important thing that you need to make sure doesn't clog. I'm not sure what additives in diesel do to the regen as I think the regen uses diesel to clean the DPF. I personally wouldn't use an additive I'd just use good quality fuel.