Potential (99%) WRX STI owner

Hey guys, wanted to say hello. 

Around June/July I will start making a move towards gettings myself 2015/2016 STI.

I will be paying last monthly for my current car (Auto Scirocco 1.4 TSI) in July, so as soon as that settled will be full onto STI.

Initially I was debating between new Type R, New Focus RS and STI. Subaru Imprezas were my dream cars since the time I first saw it when I was still young lad, I consider myself hugely biased towards them, thus me saying hello in Subaru forums and not Honda's or Ford's :D

What I expect from this forum is to prove me wrong when it comes to fact that I think that US Suby aftermarket scene is bigger than UKs, and to experience that Subaru owner's family like atmosphere.

Either way I will be gunning for Blue colored beauty. Seen one in Maidstone dealership and in Ashington I think. One of them is 50miles driven another 100miles.

The only obstacle (or me being extremely paranoid) is finance approval, which I should get, but I so don't trust that system :D

Anyways, yeah, hello :)

P.S. Any pointers to new buyer what to look for, etc, would be great :)

Welcome to the club! You can't go wrong with a Subaru.

Maidstone is local(ish) to me if you're based in Kent we have a monthly meet near bluewater. If you fancy a visit to get an idea of the community you're more than welcome.

Just now, Scoobyghost said:

Welcome to the club! You can't go wrong with a Subaru.

Maidstone is local(ish) to me if you're based in Kent we have a monthly meet near bluewater. If you fancy a visit to get an idea of the community you're more than welcome.

Thanks.

I'm based in London (Bromley area) so kent is kinda local to me as well. I will be trying dealing with Croydon Subaru and see if they can set me up with either Maidstone or Ashington.

Nice! I can't speak for dealers but you won't find a better or friendlier community. Our meets are the first Saturday of each month. You can find the info in the south east regional meets section of the forum.

Just now, Scoobyghost said:

Nice! I can't speak for dealers but you won't find a better or friendlier community. Our meets are the first Saturday of each month. You can find the info in the south east regional meets section of the forum.

Yeah, will definitely look into it :)

Thanks

Also, I was wondering what are the differences between 2016 and 2015 STI? I mean exact differences. I couldn't find anything anywhere mentioning exact changes Subaru done to 2016 model. All I could find is a bit updated Starlink software on 2016, that's all.

the UK Subaru family is awsome such a wide age range me and my friend both own scoobys and are 20 then you have probably a owner of every age throughout the uk and everyone treats eachother with repsect not disregarding us as kids for example.

3 minutes ago, JoshKB said:

the UK Subaru family is awsome such a wide age range me and my friend both own scoobys and are 20 then you have probably a owner of every age throughout the uk and everyone treats eachother with repsect not disregarding us as kids for example.

Good to hear.

I follow quite a few US Subaru owners on youtube, and  they mention a lot that Subaru owners are exceptional in US as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoshKB said:

although i must confess I am looking foward to the day I see a one of the new rs's in public haa

Yeah, ford just went for it this time :D

The reasons I did not go RS was that I would need to wait a lot to get one from factory, also I'm not a fan of their new EcoBoost engine... and its Focus :D

• Like 1

I think the new rs is defintley a one of those cars which is better off someone else owning... like an evo beautiful great cars but its better if someone else owns it :laugh:

Just now, JoshKB said:

I think the new rs is defintley a one of those cars which is better off someone else owning... like an evo beautiful great cars but its better if someone else owns it :laugh:

I see RS as a good wake up call for Subaru to get something new. I'm not saying current stuff is not great, but ever since Evo got discontinued I feel Subaru needs some competition. In UK I feel we are neglected by Subaru. I was initially looking to get WRX, but they said they have no plans to bring it to UK. I can understand them though with UK roads surface, traffic, fuel prices and not so friendly tax system they feel they would not be so popular with performance cars. And the fact that they sell whatever they produce... :D

UK roads are appawling I hate driving along one road on my daily drive I have a rally car and its horrible its that bad haha. It would be nice to see what subaru would create to rival the rs for example.

2 minutes ago, JoshKB said:

UK roads are appawling I hate driving along one road on my daily drive I have a rally car and its horrible its that bad haha. It would be nice to see what subaru would create to rival the rs for example.

There are some rumours with electricity involved. You never know. Especially when Subaru is doing quite well financially.

• Like 1

While I am preparing myself, I have one issue which is bothering me with those new Subies, keyless start. I have read some horror stories about it. STI is or used to be very popular among YOLO boyracer thieves, I'm a bit concerned. On my street, which is dead end private road I have a neighbour with ford RS. He parks it in the drive way and he has steering wheel locking device. Further down the road there is a WRX blob eye owner who has similar wheel locking device. I wonder why they went with keyless in STI?

I tested my friends keyless astra vxr. He left it running and got out with the key/card(whatever it is) and i took it for a drive. Not once did it stop me. I must've gone about 5 miles away from him before we decided it has no security.

7 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

I tested my friends keyless astra vxr. He left it running and got out with the key/card(whatever it is) and i took it for a drive. Not once did it stop me. I must've gone about 5 miles away from him before we decided it has no security.

That is scary. But for me this is not the side I am afraid of. Because if you get chucked out of the car while at lights, and you have your fob in your pockets, there is a panic button I think which will shut the engine and maybe does something else to it. And I switch off the engine before I jump out of the car anyway. What I am worried about is ease of hacking the keyless entry with connection to that car computer port(can't remember how it is called) during the night. As far as I understand those hacking tools are car model specific, there isn't tools which would hack any car you come across. But if my car is eyed by thieves they will get specific tool to do the job.

I can understand car manufacturers installing keyless in average joes cars, as they tend to be lazier than us, enthusiasts. So I am still baffled why Type UK comes with keyless instead of physical key with a chip. Subaru should know better that better car security would bring more buyers. And keyless is not the safest thing.

On the other topic, I was checking specs of Type UK STI and they say that this car has a Tracker (Satellite security Tracker is ticked in spec sheet). Does it really? I wonder if insurance could drop the price down due to Tracker being present :D

P.S. halfway through this comment I accidentally closed the browser tab. With chrome you can re open closed tab, and I clicked on reply button again and my half comment was still there. Very nice :)

I just watched car pool on YouTube. They were testing a load of hatches to see which was best...from memory and I'm really bad with names..,"

BMW M135i

Merc A45 AMG

Focus RS

Scoob STI

Seat Cupra

Megan

Golf R

Made for an interesting watch. I love Subaru. Not driven a new one but I'd test drive a few of the competition after watching that

24 minutes ago, JusNoGood said:

I just watched car pool on YouTube. They were testing a load of hatches to see which was best...from memory and I'm really bad with names..,"

BMW M135i

Merc A45 AMG

Focus RS

Scoob STI

Seat Cupra

Megan

Golf R

Made for an interesting watch. I love Subaru. Not driven a new one but I'd test drive a few of the competition after watching that

Looking at the list:

Merc - the price is beyond everything :/

Seat and Golf: They are VW. I have VW, never again.

Renault - French, enough said

That leaves RS and BMW. BM is kinda expensive as far as I remember.

So as said earlier, Ford went for it this time :)